Home

NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

I can't honestly picture this being anything too special. This is supposed to be the 3rd and final year of the implementation of their physics engine, but I thought it kinda took a bit of a step back last year (at least with the hitting/player contact stuff) so I'm not that optimistic about things this year. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
It will be Kinect.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Hopeful: The next gameplay revolution is coming.

Likely: The next gameplay glitch is coming.
Not like that's anything new in gaming. People always find cheap ways to win. If they banned the cheaters though, there would be far less people online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Rookie

Lions_Pride's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
It will be Kinect.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3.

Taken from first post.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

does this means that ALL players can do the stick skills??? Even the less skilled ones in BaGM?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Does the NHL series even need a new mechanics overhaul? If that's what I think the trailer is implying....

I wish they would spend more time on tuning the sim engine, upgrade be a gm, and have better player face models like the show has. That would be fantastic.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

As I posted on the EA forum....

That teaser showed me nothing,.....and wasn`t a teaser at all.

More of an antagonizer than teaser.

It showed some Dman get turned inside out by the incredibly easy to pull off dekes that are present in NHL12 and earlier game versions.

Then we see the goalie get scored on,in a clip of the NHL12 version,...then it ends with .5 seconds of seeing a guy stop and a defenceman pivot,....all in views that aren`t even game play views....and they didn`t show anything "new".

Of course,the koolaid drinkers are in full placebo mode,.....and the mods are dropping hints that it`s a new skating engine.

I`d bet my left nut that if anything,whatever they`ve done to the skating engine will be a huge FAIL,....as will be the whole NHL13 version.

They had more than enough opportunity to even just make some adjustments with NHL12 gameplay,and they refused to even do that,...so,meh,.......I expect more of the same or worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
As I posted on the EA forum....

That teaser showed me nothing,.....and wasn`t a teaser at all.

More of an antagonizer than teaser.

It showed some Dman get turned inside out by the incredibly easy to pull off dekes that are present in NHL12 and earlier game versions.

Then we see the goalie get scored on,in a clip of the NHL12 version,...then it ends with .5 seconds of seeing a guy stop and a defenceman pivot,....all in views that aren`t even game play views....and they didn`t show anything "new".

Of course,the koolaid drinkers are in full placebo mode,.....and the mods are dropping hints that it`s a new skating engine.

I`d bet my left nut that if anything,whatever they`ve done to the skating engine will be a huge FAIL,....as will be the whole NHL13 version.

They had more than enough opportunity to even just make some adjustments with NHL12 gameplay,and they refused to even do that,...so,meh,.......I expect more of the same or worse.
oh who invited that guy ^^

Really if your that close minded why even bother watching. Unless Stamkos skates through your TV and invites you to play your not going to be happy.

NHL 12 is one of the few games that I play after 6 months after release date and I can say there are plenty of others who agree.

Its not perfect but its a great game, and you are hating on us for liking it and not being miserable about it.

EA takes a lot of heat but I think they do a pretty good job with NHL. Especially compared to the competition. Which they beat out without the need of a license deal

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »