Home

Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Ratings do matter but you are missing a huge part of the game if you dont throw your receiver open or throwing to a spot. The game is designed to user catch (imo).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I didn't have to user catch to throw a guy open in APF 2K8. No reason why I should have to do that in Madden.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree that it's very telling that there is zero information out there about tackling while every other gameplay element has at least been addressed. The coverage is now read n react, the o-line isnt being overhauled but tuned. And the Madden dev team hasn't immediately refuted the strong physics theory like they have for other theories in prior games that gained similar buzz. RTP is likely the monumental change.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
I agree that it's very telling that there is zero information out there about tackling while every other gameplay element has at least been addressed. The coverage is now read n react, the o-line isnt being overhauled but tuned. And the Madden dev team hasn't immediately refuted the strong physics theory like they have for other theories in prior games that gained similar buzz. RTP is likely the monumental change.
I agree with this. People from the community events have not said a peep about DPP or tackling so I presume they are both part of things to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I know you can only user catch when the icons are grey'd out, but the cpu certainly made catches for me in most other situations.
Yeah I refuse to let the cpu catch for me... I'm the browns for petes sake lol.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Back then, the DB’s tended to turn their hips late on the trail and follow technique which allowed the receiver to get a few unnecessary steps on them (especially on the deep ball). I am very pleased to report that this is no longer the case as of the builds we played. The DB’s get their hips around just when you would expect them to and it is really a smooth transition.
I think this it is great that it is out for good corners. I would need to see it as I'm thinking this should remain in for bad CB's like Frank Walker and a host of other guys. Unless it was a bug of course. I'll ask the deep pass question later.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The "better learn to user catch" hopefully only applies to vs human. I never user catch and only play no user catch leagues.
I'm not a "stick skill" type person and rather have ratings matter more.
We'll see...
Honestly to elaborate a little bit more, I didn't feel the "boost" while user catching versus Madden 12. Let's also not forget that the DB's actually make plays on the ball this year and will knock you senseless in mid air when you grab the ball. There are a ton more drops due to contact so far this year. Maybe more than I saw in all of Madden 12.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
Usually by now within the dev cycle we'd hear about all these new tackling animations and how tackling is SOOOOO much better with some silly new feature like Pro-Tak and this and that... but this time there's almost nothing. Besides verbiage that seems to leave many doors open (i.e. "Investment in tech leads to 430+ new catch animations"), we've heard nothing about tackling animations.

I just can't believe the big announcement is anything but a new physics engine.
Read and react defense and defensive alignments are the counter to the new passing mechanics... Sorry.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree with this. People from the community events have not said a peep about DPP or tackling so I presume they are both part of things to come.
At first I was pretty skeptical about physics when all the speculation began. But it's becoming more and more obvious that the monumental change has something to do with tackling since there is nothing out there. And what else about tackling is monumental if not RTP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »