Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #25
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

"Well you got a lead, now your able to go out there and drive down the field and score a touchdown? This changes how the other team is gonna handle the game from here on out"

Repetitive
in this video, just hope its not that way in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
The QB cadences sound great. Hopefully in the retail the crowd goes NUTS when scoring a touchdown or getting a turnover - just like Sunday.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp2469
To me, it's a bad sign when EA, or any developer, play up improvements to commentary and presentation. It's freaking gameplay we care about most. Yes, presentation, sound, graphics are hugely important when it comes to the overall experience, but i'd be happy with no commentary and average graphics if gameplay was awesome. For what it's worth, i found the commentary in this clip awful, no emotion, robotic and plain dull. As an aside, why do the players look like they are weightless!
This is an old build gameplay wise and the fact that they are saving the big gameplay reveal for E3 speaks volumes to the potential improvements awaiting seeing as that's when the most eye will be on the product.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #28
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Umm...That looked and sounded horrible.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #29
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Im not gonna Lie, that looked just like 10-11.

Not impressed.

The dumervil sack was a joke and Line play seemed as bad as ever. No "riding" The DE around the QB at all, means no pocket.

Same crappy Audible animations, defense players look like statues Pre Snap.

Same "Instant Stop" celebrations by teammates, everyone does there own thing, no one "Crowds" the dude the made the play like in real life.

Just bad IMO.
Yeah im not imprssed, Lets just hope this build is minus the " New" Revolutionary gameplay addition.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Not once did I hear Jim Nantz or Phil Simms say a players name during gameplay. Thats kind of a let down. I was hoping to hear them say players name is in for the touch down instead of just he is in for the touch down.

O well.

Last edited by tnixen; 05-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #31
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Appreciate the footage, but that did nothing for me.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #32
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
sheesh it looks like the gameply is being played on fast

i still don't understand why they still have the same lackluster audible system. when im playing another user on the same xbox/ps3 i have to tell them to look down....what happen to Up on the right stick was deep pass, Down was run, right was play action and left was quick pass.. i hate i cant disguise my audibles
Actually you can. If you hold the A button on the play you want it will select it and you can scroll to the other plays. Only when you release the A button will it call that play, even if you have a new play highlighted. It works the same way in the play call screen. I still agree that the old system was 100x better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »