Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Wow... it still sounds poorly edited together and super generic.

Sorry, I expected more.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Wow. The looked and sounded great. Just those two in the booth makes everything sound and feel so much more authentic.

Really excited to see more.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good - Smooth intros with Sims. QB cadence sounds awesome. Just knowing that actually Brady and Rodgers was cool. The INT actually looked organic. Johnson didn't warp into the path, he took proper steps and leaned for the pick while looking for the ball. WR seperation looks easier to identify because of the improved interactions.

Bad - seemed like the commentary lacked excitement. Maybe it was lack of crowd notice when it was a big play. Sims repeated the same line twice in a sample segment that should have been showing variety. Some delay in commentary reaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
Hopefully the sack on the screen play gets fixed. So tired of the QB not passing the ball soon enough.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #37
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I was left unimpressed after watching the video. It says big plays but the commentary sound lifeless. Also, the timing seemed delayed.

CD guys can you comment on the commentary you heard last week. Does it sound better or is it more or less the same.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #38
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Certainly a small sample size, but I have to be honest: the commentary was very generic.

I hope to hear more team/player specific lines as footage comes out of E3.
I did like that Nantz was on time with the interception call though in the SD/KC game. "He's looking to - that's an interception." That speaks to the new tech they're using, and how it allows them interrupt lines when big plays happen.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

The commentary seems to be too generic. The line play looks very similar to last year. The read and react system looked pretty good, though. Overall, I'm unimpressed.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 05-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #40
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

same ol madden lol, why cant they say the players name or team's name on the intros, ints, tds?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »