Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Specific detail:
Whoever has ever been to or watched a game on tv on Qualcomm stadium can attest to the fact that the field is hardly ever in top condition. In this video it looks like a pool table, it actually looks to me like something out of PS1, like an all-green carpet.

I really hope the field degradation is good and all stadium turf/grass don't look like a green wall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #42
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
same ol madden lol, why cant they say the players name or team's name on the intros, ints, tds?
Watch the livestream. They had a couple of nice intros where they did mention the teams and players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNCsr...eature=mh_lolz
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #43
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

By all means give feedback as brutal as you want -- as long as you don't call me names(!)
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

it sounded OK...

it sounded like something recorded in a quiet room with nothing happening...

i wish you guys could actually use in game calls, it might be hard to find a call without the guys saying a name but i am sure you can find something...

it sounds OK but it lacks emotion. It really sounds like lines given to someone to read...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #45
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I thought it was about the same as last years just different voices to be honest.Nothing special.It just doesnt blend together.Like the volume of the voices will get louder or something.And when they call a touchdown it sounds like the worst student in Drama class trying to get excited but cant.Just didnt do it for me.I hope the final build is better.But not expecting anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 4

Not exactly as dynamic as I expected from all the hype so far. I just expected some random chit-chatter/filler commentary & more emotion on big plays but got none of that whatsoever from the clip. Hopefully it gets as good as advertised.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
By all means give feedback as brutal as you want -- as long as you don't call me names(!)
How complete is the audio here to what we should expect in final product?? There was some noticeable dead space in the video and not many names. Should we expect that in retail version or is this a long ways away from being finished?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #48
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Did the Phil Simms and Jim Natz combo fit well with the new physics engine?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »