Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Amazing write up!

Although its still way too early, I am sold on the dribbling. Far too often I was "forced" to rely on the tricks to do certain moves. Its good to hear there's a clear distinction between what may be a dribbling tactic vs a "trick".

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I accomplished the exact same thing with FIFA 12 by lowering select player ratings. So they tweak and fix the player ratings in FIFA 13, and then call it a "new feature." Okay.
I think it is less of a first touch control as an attacking feature and more of one to force players to react more appropriately on the defensive side.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7
This is really looking tempting, especially since right now I have FIFA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeimmigrant
Kind of funny that it seems like First Touch is something new. They introduced that back in FIFA 05 (if I'm not mistaken)...hopefully it's just more refined.

The Impact Engine will be the most analysed feature, especially after the jankiness of it resulted in so many YouTube fail videos.
yeah but in 12 there is very few "bad touches" as a result things get too predictable. as in the posting, if you play long passes there is a higher chance that it wont be played perfectly by either the offense or the defense that can result in some interesting situations. makes me wonder if they will put in more interesting flicks as part of the first touch changes.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Running looks robotic, the lighting is always off, skin textures look fake, as usual. What's up with EA, will they stop being like FORD and make realistic improvements and updates, instead of incremental ones each year. They should take a page out of 2k sports' book and make a good sports simulation game. Sports games are the easiest to do, most of the players movement is done by motion capture but obviously EA sports are too cheap to pay players to do that.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview

i see nothing on your AI defending competently..

which means another year of manually marking 10 players, only to have the guy i switch off of wonder off leaving his attacker wide open...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview

The problem with FIFA has been the poor animation in dribbling, I hate it ,to be completely frank. The players seem to bob up and down excessively, it just doesn't look right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
can't wait for the impact engine to be just as terrible as last year, which is inevitable. made for some seriously entertaining youtube viewing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »