Home

Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

This is a discussion on Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
They didnt seem to have life, it sounds kinda dull. On the Carson Palmer sack fumble td, there was no mention of a fumble. It should have went more like this "Palmer drops back to pass, the pressure is on him quickly,he's sacked and fumbles the ball. The defense recovers for a td" something along those lines would have given the play more life/emotion. This is football not a dry eye commercial.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
The best part of this video is when Nantz lickes his fingers.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Sim

It is very hard to call a football game from a small room with a script in front of you and not a 70,000 people stadium rocking back and forth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7
Im gonna be optimistic here and say that I think they are just holding back the good stuff because they want it to be fresh when we play the game. overall it seems to me as if they have at least put in a pretty good effort here audio wise and I look forward to hearing the finished product.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Three New Madden NFL 13 Videos Featuring the Audio Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Sim

I think the audio part of Madden this year will be good. But people have to remember that there is only so much they can do in a studio. Yes Phil and Jim might sound robotic at times. But I feel that they will be the best announcer team since Madden/Summerall. Over the next few years Madden audio will get better and better. I think this is the beginning of something good. Can't wait to hear all these sounds put together. I believe it will sound good at E3 this year. Hoping for the best.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I dont want to hear "Takes the snap from the shotgun, he throws over the middle, (which it wasnt the middle ), Touch down " He sounded dead when he said touchdown.

I want to hear " Vick takes the snapped looks over to his left throwsssssssssss TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Jackson makes the catch between two defenders, and now the eagles take the lead 20-14.!!!!!" Something like that More detailed to the teams and players involved in the play and game.

Everything that I' am hearing is very generic. Like" Thats the fourth time they sacked the QB"

How about naming the Qb who has been sacked 4 times in the game, and how the offensive line is being abused by the chargers defensive front.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 05-16-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

It's going to be better than last year, but again - last year was horrid. I got through the first video and most of the second, and still hadn't heard much personalized - was all comments on static/generic situations, not much dynamic. It's going to be better if only because there's no way it can be worse than M12.

I'm laughing because I keep hearing the sound guys talk about "that's when the magic happens" in different vids lol. I appreciate they're getting the commentary to a level where it's competent, but there's nothing I've heard so far that's anywhere close to being magical. Again, would be better if it weren't being hyped.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

in all honesty, Nantz was pretty boring sounding and they repeated a comment with Simms twice. Those arent good signs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »