Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
Banned

JHusker13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: GamePlay Footage: USC Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Good, but I wish there were more commentary between plays. Alot of dead air.
Also pass rush seemed non existent on some of the plays.
Another thing was on the 1 run play they ran the CPU seemed to know it was a run from the start and blitzed thr correct hole. Which seems like they still know what you are going to run.

But, I am buying without hesititation
Totally agree. In real life, the commentators don't just stop commentating between plays.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm pretty sure this is on EASY mode. A notification on how to snap the ball came up at one point.
That notification comes up regardless of difficulty.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I have to say, there seems to be less "hummingbird movement" by the defense. Drops and coverages look more fluid than in years past. The overall player movement still looks wonky to me, but at least defenders aren't constantly zipping all over the place. Although, on the last play, that nickleback on the right side makes a few "interesting" moves. But overall, it looks better.

It's hard to gauge much about the passing trajectories from that video. It looked like the player was just throwing bullets, so everything pretty much looked the same.

2:19 - I really hate how linemen don't engage the defender first, and then release to block. It makes it really easy to snuff out screens when on defense. But, at least the play is blocked pretty well on the edge.

3:03 - Why would the TE (82) double the defensive end instead of getting a hat on that safety (12)?

3:24 - Anyone have any idea what the CB is doing on this play? He shadows him like he's in man, but he also drops back like 10 yards. I can't figure out what that would be.

3:56 - Doesn't really even need to be said. Why wouldn't the DB even try to make a play on that ball?
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
Just seems the same.. not impressed at all
I'm not saying this until I can actually play the game. It might look the same graphically, but it's looked this way since 2008 in all honesty. What I'm looking for is how it controls. How the QB moves and if the WR/CB and DE/OL are not complete idiots. I can't see that for certain from a 4 minute game clip on Easy mode.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That notification comes up regardless of difficulty.
I've never seen it ever honestly. And I've been playing the NCAA series since 1998. Never on Easy mode though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Commentary blows. Sounds exactly the same as it has the last 3 years, minus Rece Davis. As illwill said, too much dead air. You hear one short phrase, then silence, then another short phrase, then silence.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've never seen it ever honestly. And I've been playing the NCAA series since 1998. Never on Easy mode though.
Pops up telling you how to play the game come up the first time you put it in. Most people (I assume...I do) just disable them the first time you see it.

I never play on freshman and I've seen it the first time I play the game. They come up on the demo too.

He could very well be playing on freshman though. I just don't think the notification confirms it.

I'm interested in that TD play. It looks...I can't quite put my finger on it. But the players behaved a little weird. I can't tell if its dumbed down or because the player has low read and react ratings or something.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusker13
Totally agree. In real life, the commentators don't just stop commentating between plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Commentary blows. Sounds exactly the same as it has the last 3 years, minus Rece Davis. As illwill said, too much dead air. You hear one short phrase, then silence, then another short phrase, then silence.
I thought at least there will be more free-flowing commentary. Especially since the crowd volume is low.
I dont want to have imagine what the commentators will say.
If this is how it will be, than I guess I will be listening to music while I play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »