Home

NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
Like already mentioned above, news always seems great this time of the year.
i disagree. i cant remember being this thrilled so to speak when they released this type of stuff the past say 4 years.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i disagree. i cant remember being this thrilled so to speak when they released this type of stuff the past say 4 years.
Yeah, this blows last year's announcement completely out of the water. Last year all we got was a screenshot of a goalie collision happening in the Winter Classic and a video of Rammer talking about those features. This year it looks like they're going balls to the wall. I love it.

I mean honestly I would have been happy with just an announcement of the skating upgrade today but to throw in Online GM mode, a new AI system, etc, etc is just awesome.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
only thing that would have made this even better. an updated version of NHL 94 included, with online playability.
Seriously. When are they going to realize what a goldmine idea this would be. Take the old assets, use the current teams/players (licensing), and spend a few weeks figuring out online play. $10 ($5 would be even better and sell more). Cash checks. Done.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

oh my.. this is what i wanted... skating was so generic.

awesome!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah, this blows last year's announcement completely out of the water. Last year all we got was a screenshot of a goalie collision happening in the Winter Classic and a video of Rammer talking about those features. This year it looks like they're going balls to the wall. I love it.
don't forget about those helmets popping off. #gamechanger

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #22
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I mean honestly I would have been happy with just an announcement of the skating upgrade today but to throw in Online GM mode, a new AI system, etc, etc is just awesome.
agreed.

we all obviously have been wanting an online GM mode for sometime now, but my buds and i have been talking about it even more as of late. just the ability to play in an organized league, against friends, and the cpu, just like NCAA football is heaven for us hockey guys. even if the game still has issues like we have seen the past 5 years, we look past it to play a mode like this. just to bs hockey, sports, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
Seriously. When are they going to realize what a goldmine idea this would be. Take the old assets, use the current teams/players (licensing), and spend a few weeks figuring out online play. $10 ($5 would be even better and sell more). Cash checks. Done.
for real. they are all about DLC, this should be a slam dunk decision on their end!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #23
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Kind of disappointed with the lack of EASHL improvements.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Kind of disappointed with the lack of EASHL improvements.
Quote:
Fans of the franchise can expect several other improvements and innovations in NHL 13, such as:
  • Team-First Presentation, which customizes your NHL 13 experience based on your favorite NHL team
  • The addition of Customizable EA SPORTS Hockey IQ allowing players to create and record their own player and team strategies to a level never before seen in the franchise.
  • Improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.
Hopefully we get some good Be A GM improvements as well other than the addition of online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »