Home

FIFA 13 Upgrades Referee Intelligence, Miracle Passes Tuned

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Upgrades Referee Intelligence, Miracle Passes Tuned within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 13 Upgrades Referee Intelligence, Miracle Passes Tuned

ESPN's Jon Robinson has posted an article on the "Little Things" FIFA 13 brings to the table.

Quote:
EA Sports reworked the ways referees make calls under the hood so now the referees on the field will have a better understanding of every collision that takes place in order to make better calls. Adds McHardy: “We’ve also added in the ability for referees to understand the push/pull situation and the battle for positioning, and the fact that the referees understand that better means we could push the boundaries of that feature a little more because we can allow for a player to go over the edge and the referee will actually call a foul. There’s a nice little balance there with what we’ve done with the referee.”
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 13 Upgrades Referee Intelligence, Miracle Passes Tuned

If they fixed it at all from this year, it's huge. I'd play FIFA 12 4x more than I do now if fouls were called.

At this stage, I'd much rather see too many fouls called than not enough. It's pretty sad they couldn't include this in a patch, but they've never patched the FIFA gameplay from what I recall.

Either way, it's good to hear it was a priority. It's already far too easy to do a standing tackle, and it's made worse by the fact you can foul and tackle nearly at will.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Happy to hear this but a foul slider would have fixed this last yr.

After reading the blurb I have to ask "Wasn't the vision cone feature supposed to eliminate miracle passes?"

Last edited by KG; 05-21-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 33
A foul slider would only work if the logic behind the fouls that occur is fixed. On EA's NHL game, even with all penalty sliders maxed out its not uncommon to play a game of 10 minute periods & still only see 1 penalty called.
Hopefully this area is addressed correctly in FIFA but I doubt it will be as big a change as that which is required. For sure though it can't be worse.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

In past games, there were never enough, but I'd take that again compared to what happened now. At least early they knew it was an issue and stated the referee logic needed to be tweaked to pair with the impact engine.

I'm pretty confident we'll see more fouls, but not entirely confident we'll see a better amount or that we'll get a slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
In past games, there were never enough, but I'd take that again compared to what happened now. At least early they knew it was an issue and stated the referee logic needed to be tweaked to pair with the impact engine.

I'm pretty confident we'll see more fouls, but not entirely confident we'll see a better amount or that we'll get a slider.
I want to see more fouls, don't care much about the slider as I don't think it will even work. Look at Madden. You can max out PI and you'll be lucky to see one during the entire cycle of playing the game.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Along with improved intelligence, I'd like to see ref personalities similar to the MLB
The Show series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »