Home

NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad)

MyNBALivePad has posted their NBA Live 13 interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes.

Quote:
How do you feel basketball games should be represented in an authentic way? Make you feel as if you are the player? Watching a game on TV?

I think that games should be experienced from the perspective of the player, the coach and a TV spectator. The game mode itself or the camera angle can change the presentation of a game. We did a lot of consumer research about how they want to experience the game and one item stood out- ESPN.

That being said, we met with ESPN and got unprecedented access to their producers, directors and camera men to insure that we replicate and authentic ESPN broadcast. This includes their graphics packages, camera wipes and some of ESPN exclusive technologies that I can’t talk about just yet.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by 22cedric; 05-22-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Title Change
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: http://mynbalivepad.com/exclusive-interview-with-nba-live-13-creative-director-ja

I will believe in this series again when i see it happen.....

But one thing that did excite me about the interview you posted was this question and answer

COREY - Growing up in a basketball heavy environment, do you feel your knowledge of the game will help your vision for NBA LIVE moving forward?

JASON - I grew up eating, sleeping and playing basketball. I love basketball and I am confident my love for the game, and the passion that our team has for the sport, will be represented in our final product. I have never stopped playing basketball. In fact we’ve been playing every Tuesday and Thursday morning at Tiburon for over 7 years straight. I have a sickness, an unhealthy obsession for the sport I am working on. I can no longer just watch a basketball game. I am constantly breaking down how we can translate the real-life NBA product to a video game…all of which drives my wife crazy when we watch a game together.

I hope Jason is for real because i've felt like EA was missing a few guys who simply loved Basketball over the years. This guy sounds like a die hard fan and will do anything to make sure it plays like basketball.

That's a good thing for the community IMO

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
That's exactly how I am toward golf...too bad my scores don't reflect it. I hope this game is good. I've enjoyed 2K, but Live "was" my favorite. This game will have to repesent the kind of overall gameplay and presentation of all most real basketball for fans to come back. That's gonna be a tall order.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad)

This is definitely going to be one of the more interesting developments of the year. Hopefully they bring it.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 30
What bothers me is that we've gotten NADA regarding the actual game and we're about 5mos away from release aside from these two interviews from the same person. I need vidz and some blogs, please. Gracias.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
sounds legit. cant wait to see it visually
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
I hope this game turns out to be solid, because i can't take all the bugs 2k has.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Playmaker, I could not agree with you more!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »