Home

NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 13 Interview with Creative Director, Jason Barnes (MyNBALivePad)

I'm praying the Live franchise comes back with a huge bang. Dying for a different bball game... I think they'll knock the ESPN presentation out of the park - just gotta have a deep franchise and solid gameplay to go along.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2
They could tell me that they were putting Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller and Jesus in the game, but I still wouldn't believe them. I need to see it for myself and not hear or read about this stuff. This doesn't excite me at all because I was hearing the same thing in 2010 about "REAL" basketball, "REAL" physics and how they will compete with NBA 2K. I want NBA Live to succeed, but seeing is believing, EA Sports.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 48
People, EA Sports are the best of the best at hyping up Presentation in any of their sports titles, ie; Madden, NHL, Fifa; and where they mostly fall short is on the side of gameplay! ie, MADDEN (Next-gen). Some of the EA Sports titles have found their niche, and are running away with awards, after awards, and some have fallen off and gotten stale throughout the years.
What we expect from a EA Sports title on Next-gen, is something spectactular, and next to awesome-ness! that we cannot stop talking about for months like, ie; NBA 2K11
So for EA Sports just to say that they are coming back on to the scene with a bball game just wont cut it, if the game doesnt play great, and look great. (IMO) Sure they may sell 100,000 copies; soo what! NBA Elite could have done that; because bball players may not have like the 2K control scheme, and were more familiar with the LIVE franchise, and their button scheme; its just a matter of preference!
But i do have to say this; If EA Sports can knock the Simulation aspect of the NBA, out of the park; they may just have my made a customer out of me again! Provided that the game plays really really really good!!! and this blurb has placed the NBA LIVE 13 on my radar, with lots of interest:

COREY – There has been concern in the community that when NBA LIVE returned, that the goal would be to create a more ‘arcade’ type of experience instead of basing it on true, authentic simulation brand of basketball. What type of direction is Tiburon taking NBA LIVE 13?

JASON - Let there be no misunderstanding, NBA LIVE 13 is a basketball sim. My driving creative force for developing an EA SPORTS game was embedded in authentic simulations. We have an obsessed team trying to produce a simulation basketball experience. Gamers looking for an arcade experience, should check out NBA JAM: On Fire Edition (which is GREAT by the way).

But make no mistake; creating authentic basketball is a difficult challenge. I have an unrelenting desire to continually improve on what we’ve built, and I know when can deliver because of the passion and dedication of our team. We want to make sure that the gameplay is as organic and fluid as possible.

EA, you have got my attention! Let's see what more do you have to offer?
btw, i will not drink the kool aid, until i see some pictures or video gameplay.

cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #12
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
It's good to see that EA Sports is focused on making realistic simulation sports game this time around.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #13
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
I hope this game turns out to be solid, because i can't take all the bugs 2k has.
Not to disappoint you sir but ALL video games have bugs -- its what you're willing to put up with when it comes to dealing with them.

All this 'secret squirrel' stuff must stop though. I need a screenshot or something! lol
Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I'm ready for EA to stop talking about NBA Live 13 and start showing us!!! We need this game to comeback better than ever. And because they have been gone for three years, they need to start the marketing EARLY! I'm hoping for E3 videos and live gameplay! Let's GO!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
What bothers me is that we've gotten NADA regarding the actual game and we're about 5mos away from release aside from these two interviews from the same person. I need vidz and some blogs, please. Gracias.
we should get them around the finals and E3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

am somewhat confident in nba live's directions. reasons being:

1.get a lead that loves the sport he is simulating is always a plus( sorry hockey guy u blew it)

2. emotions and animations after a dunk and big play really immerse the viewers/gamers of nba...and am sure the commentators have something to do with that emotion he refers to...mike breen "he puts it in !!!!!!!!" with exclamation

3. gameplay wise... AI players standing around is just isnt basketball jason is right...well unless ur the bobcats :P

Last edited by kolanji; 05-23-2012 at 01:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »