Home

Baseball Mogul 2013 Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Baseball Mogul 2013 Review (PC) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Baseball Mogul 2013 Review (PC)

The Baseball Mogul series has always felt like the “other” PC baseball text sim, living in the shadow of Out of the Park (OOTP). But for baseball fans looking for a more streamlined experience than that offered by OOTP, the Baseball Mogul games are an appealing alternative. Does Baseball Mogul 2013 continue this series’ long streak of solid offerings?

Gamers who don’t play text sims might not understand how the market can support both OOTP and Baseball Mogul, but the two series offer very different experiences. OOTP is a much deeper game, in that every team has full minor league rosters for you to manage, as well as the potential to add independent and international leagues.

Baseball Mogul, though, keeps its focus on the major league level, with the minor leagues serving as a place to stash a few players until they’re major-league ready. The game generates comprehensive and useful minor league stats for these players, so they never feel superfluous. In addition, players who remain in the free agent pool for a while will eventually accrue stats in independent or Central American leagues as they wait for their shot, which is an awesome touch. While the focus is on the MLB, it feels like you’re managing inside a larger world.

Read More - Baseball Mogul 2013 Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Octane's Arena

OVR: 6
I loved Mogul 2003? or something, the last one I played when I was in my teens. its a good game if you like the pure GM aspect.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Rookie

waspman3's Arena

OVR: 27
I'm like in my 50th game or so and like it. Injuries are starting to really kick in, Not into the Amateur draft. I'm 1.5 GB in the National League Central (Cards).I did finally turn the sound off as it can get annoying especially if ya play 2,3,4, games in a row. I'd rather play this baseball game than say the show and for different reasons than most. I love the excitement of most games and the sight's and sounds but this one in particular because of time constraints. Can play a game in like 15 minutes just before I head out the door.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I much prefer Mogul over OOTP. I have purchased every version of Baseball Mogul since Mogul 2000 and I do not regret it.

For OOTP I've had a couple of them and "Season Ticket Baseball", which was OOTP on a CD for retail stores.

Yes OOTP has more detail but there are some things that frustrate me... it takes way too long to play with it, and the player development for minor leaguers doesn't seem as realistic as it does in Mogul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »