Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Fran....chise.

Feeling incredibly stale now in terms of presentation, fonts and other details.

Its time for a major revamp (note i didnt say upgrade, as its a deep mode already).
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
The colors might just be your TV.
No, no...my TV is pretty okay. The colors are just off and sometimes don't have much in common with their real counterparts. Trust me, because being a digital media designer, dealing with colors is my daily business...

Last edited by Bulls321974; 05-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Two things come to mind. Commentary (overall presentation), and Franchise.

Franchise is solid enough, but I would like them to totally rework the look of it. I'd also think it would be great for them to add a new way to negotiate trades and Free Agency. One of the best things about baseball's offseason is the back and forth in Free Agency. Same with the trade deadline. I'd love there to be a back and forth trade offering system.

Commentary should be completely reworked. I think the ultimate addition would be fully incorporating MLB.tv. Almost every fan of baseball I know has the MLB.tv/MLB Channel (and for good reason, its awesome). Something like a weekly show at the end of the week giving power rankings, and maybe a few highlights would be awesome.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #20

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Diff commentators(especially diff main commentator too)

Allow more variety of CPU and User sliders(so something like fielding errors,baserunner speed has a diff slider for CPU and User)

Fix up field color on the stadiums(Also, Rogers centre has some grey section seats in the game(all around the dugouts). In real life, those are dark blue. Don't get how that was messed up since they're obviously not even close to the same color)

On sounds of the show, have a few slots added for moments like when the manager visits the pitching mound, or a foul ball occurs(since in real life, we always have some sort of small 5-10 second clip play)
Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

More responsive defense. Please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Rookie

hogfanhw81's Arena

OVR: 2
Suggestions pertaining to uniforms are difficult for the producers to follow through on because of the strict guidelines they must follow with (in this case) the MLB Style Guide. I know for instance, the deadline for teams to make sweeping changes to next year's uniforms is quickly approaching as the Astros will be bringing back the orange more starting next season. Now I know there are uniforms (i.e. the Brewers home alternate) that are not in the game and in that case it would be nice to have them as they have worn them for several years now.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I think a lot of the things I would want are RttS related and are already in the RttS thread. I think everyone will agree that the commentary needs some work. I know it's hard to keep that fresh giving the fact that stuff seems to always happen the same way. I'm not sure how they can fix that other than revamping the whole thing and I'm not sure that would be beneficial at this point in time of the PS3 life cycle.

I honestly just think the Devs should just continue doing what they have been doing. Add one to what they currently have to make it better. Having said that, the ability to continue a current RttS, franchise, etc., into the next game would be the greatest innovation ever. It would definitely be a game changer and put The Show into the category of "must have each year" type of game.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
This is such a great question. MLB 12 is by far the best sports game I have played under the '12 sports releases. There are so many things that I love about the game. That said, I haven't played it in a month. I don't know why, I can't explain it, but i have gone back to Skyrim and away from The Show. It might have to do with the Orioles actually playing good baseball, so I can watch them and not need an escape with "my" Orioles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »