Home

Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

No slider set could save the problems in NCAA 12 for me. Tuning file sets were completely under-utilized by EA last year too which might have been able to solve some basic problems like super leaping LB.

I think EA really needs to add a 5th difficulty level between AA and Heisman. There are quite a few people on OS that find AA too easy and Heisman too hard so there are a lot of slider sets that try to find the sweet spot in the middle. Why not create that middle for us so the tweaking isn't so much?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
slider makers need to start using camera phones if they dont have recording equipment and put up some vids of games....

i am starting to see that sliders are subjective to play style.
Your suggestion is a good one sir and just cost me 130 bucks decided to go with the Avermedia HD game capture device.

Last edited by SECElit3; 05-26-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

I guess I just dont get it ? I run an online dynasty and have tried several slider sets , a couple of them were in this top 5 . I just dont see how its real when I can take a c rated team (such as ohio) and thrash an A rated team ( such as alabama) . How is that real ? The only set that keeps you from doing that is Jarrod21s black heisman set . To me that set is the most realistic .
Old 05-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
I guess I just dont get it ? I run an online dynasty and have tried several slider sets , a couple of them were in this top 5 . I just dont see how its real when I can take a c rated team (such as ohio) and thrash an A rated team ( such as alabama) . How is that real ? The only set that keeps you from doing that is Jarrod21s black heisman set . To me that set is the most realistic .
How can it be realistic when the game doesn't even factor in team ratings or player ratings on that level because everything goes out the window.

By making the game harder to win on heisman level (EA CODING)
doesn't necessary means it's more realistic.

The way i see it is some guys may want ratings to determine more outcomes or atleast factor in more. Other guys might want to simply just have the game be harder regardless of ratings.

Realism is based on the individual's preference IMO!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
How can it be realistic when the game doesn't even factor in team ratings or player ratings on that level because everything goes out the window.

By making the game harder to win on heisman level (EA CODING)
doesn't necessary means it's more realistic.

The way i see it is some guys may want ratings to determine more outcomes or atleast factor in more. Other guys might want to simply just have the game be harder regardless of ratings.

Realism is based on the individual's preference IMO!

so your saying ratings dont matter on heisman and they do on all american ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #22
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I record my games!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556

Exactly.. I don't know how that makes All-American realistic when any experience gamer can blast top rated teams with low rated teams on that level(Playing straight up with no cheesy tactics). I can't see how anybody can say that ratings matter on that level.. You can pretty much do that on default heisman too once you get use to it.. Most people who still say that ratings don't matter on Heisman are going off how Heisman was in years past. If they would have actually gave Heisman a chance this year they would have realized that level played alot smoother this year then it has in years past instead of assuming it's the same..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 05-30-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Exactly.. I don't know how that makes All-American realistic when any experience gamer can blast top rated teams with low rated teams on that level(Playing straight up with no cheesy tactics). I can't see how anybody can say that ratings matter on that level.. You can pretty much do that on default heisman too once you get use to it.. Most people who still say that ratings don't matter on Heisman are going off how Heisman was in years past. If they would have actually gave Heisman a chance this year they would have realized that level played alot smoother this year then it has in years past instead of assuming it's the same..
No one is assuming anything.

There's a reason why Kickers on Heisman level consistently try to kick FG's from 50+ yards because EA has that level programmed for the CPU to try and win at all cost.

I'm not going to get into the Heisman vs AA debate on these forums anymore.

I think we all know fully well that in Madden and NCAA Football which levels are designed to simply get the CPU to go into beast mode and which levels are designed to give you a more organic feel to gameplay even though it might not not offer the best CPU challenge.

I've not once heard or read from EA that Heisman level factors in ratings more than any other level. I have though read where All-America level allegedly does just that in the game.

But i personally could care less for either one of those levels because I'm more interested in seeing a 70 accuarcy rated QB actually throwing like a 70 accuary rated QB and that only happens for me personally on an entirely different level of gameplay.

I guess me and you will have to agree to disagree as always when it comes to this subject.

Peace!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »