Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

If you pre-order NBA 2K13 for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 through Amazon, you will receive access to NBA All Star Game content, including the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge Game, and the NBA All Star Game.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13’s Triumphant Return to Virtual Hardwood on October 2, 2012

Fans to receive NBA All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite
with pre-order purchase, including all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest mode

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 30, 2012-- 2K Sports today announced that NBA® 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise* for twelve straight years and the follow-up to the award-winning NBA 2K12, will be available on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. A Wii U™ version of NBA® 2K13 will be available in the launch window, at a later date.

Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA® 2K13.”

Gamers can pit the NBA’s current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. The Wii U version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Finally 2K has the full All-Star package. Now lets hope the content stays after you download it unlike the Sacramento/Golden State DLC.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Nice !

Considering that it's only May. This is great news.

I loved this mode back in Live 2005.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope EU and UK get a similar deal. On the Amazon UK site it doesn't have this on the 2k13 page.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Rookie

EllCee's Arena

I hope you can pre-order through gamestop and get it. I'm not quite fond of pre-ordering online. It is great news though, but I think it should have been in the game for quite sometime now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
Rookie

EllCee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Finally 2K has the full All-Star package. Now lets hope the content stays after you download it unlike the Sacramento/Golden State DLC.
it goes away? mine never went away o.o from what I understand, it isn't dlc in the first place but a code that unlocks it. just re-enter the code. am i right ?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllCee
it goes away? mine never went away o.o from what I understand, it isn't dlc in the first place but a code that unlocks it. just re-enter the code. am i right ?
Yeah, but it got tiresome re-entering the code. Not a big deal but I remember some said that re-entering the code didn't fix it for them.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6
Will we be able to use this in association mode ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »