Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #97
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

No Shooting Stars or Skills Challenge? Pass.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

I'm sorry, but no vita, WOW, ps is ancient news nowadays (graphis dont even compare to nintendo ds, looks like pc version for me, 20 dollars, ill just use the rest of the money i saved from not buying console version and purchase alternate company game if they make it for vita
( i guess i can still remote play it on my ps vita homebrewed
Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #99
Banned

rosque's Arena

OVR: 0

What the fcuk, nothing for PC???? I sure hope it gets somehow hexedited to the game much like Kings and one other team did for us that didn't have that code for those teams.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #100
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

This to me is a disappointment in the whole series, and a waste of an announcement.

1. You are announcing a feature that was originally in previous titles
2. It's pre-order only? Seriously? SMH!
3. It's not a real feature, that our die-hard fans give a flying fart about!
4. It's nothing more than a gimmick, die-hard fans buy it day one no matter what, this serves no benefits.
5. It was hyped up for no apparent reason, more fluff for the duff!!!
6. Hey how about this, game comes out in 4 months, why not flood the scene with gameplay videos and screenshots like your competitor is doing both their football games.
7. MLB 2k series just got canned, you could be a little more sensitive to your fans, by not releasing news like this it's bad karma for you company.
8. This will pass over the PC version, in which I'm sure 40 to 60% of your fans will buy thanks to mods. And it will be PS3 and 360 Only....
9. Ronnie 2k is helping the push of death on 2ksports games.
10. Stop doing EA type things and get back to being the 2k we've loved since Dreamcast.

(IMO: The statement about PC version being 40% to 60% is because most retailers never receive copies of the game. Maybe if fans could find it, we'd buy it more. Just saying Gamestop getting 1 copy per year, isn't helping that format grow...)
Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 16
This is a matter of opinion, but I feel strongly about this 1 out of 5 things that's killing the video game industry from PlanetPlaystation.com:

5. Downloadable Content: Like DRM, DLC started off innocently enough. It was a way for companies to expand their game without manufacturing an entirely different game. Fans loved it because they got new things at a low cost for their games. Companies liked it because it increased the profit available from a single game and encouraged users to keep their games. However, the problem arose when companies started to make games with DLC in mind. The infamous Mass Effect 3 ending is a prime example of this. It was ‘fixed’ with DLC—that probably would have been sold, if there wasn’t such a fuss about how crappy the ending was. Along with that, companies are increasingly including downloadable content…that gets unlocked from the disc. They aren’t just adding to a finished game. They’re leaving the game unfinished and forcing you to buy the ending. This is the ultimate disgrace of a developer—it’s their way of saying that not only do they care more about their money than their customers, they care more about their money than the actual games they’re making. This corporate view of gaming is unacceptable and is the prime culprit of a commercialized swing in gaming. Competition and variation is what drives progress—not spoon-feeding customers something they should have owned when they first bought the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #102
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Old 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some of you sound like you work for 2k. I hope next year owner mode is for preorders and regular franchise mode is what everyone else gets. Will you still tell me it's my fault if I dont preorder? Don't you understand that whatever way they leverage you there is a certain sense of insincerity? What if there's news I don't approve of later on. Well I'll be stuck because of you people that encourage this stuff. Everyone always wants to be on the winning team. Seriously were all winning like Charlie Sheen. Maybe next year they let preorders get it a week early. Scratch that because we might let people read bad reviews before release. See how easy it is to pick your spots?

Last edited by kevin23; 05-30-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #104
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
For me, blacktop mode was a fun mode to play every now and then. I'm not really sure why people were crying to get it removed. If you don't like it, just don't play it? I can't believe people would complain about EXTRA content in a game.

As far as not giving them leeway, I can only speak for myself when I say that I think the reason people are loyal to 2k is because they weren't like that "other" developer. They wouldn't nickel and dime DLC, they wouldn't charge extra for uniforms, etc. Now that it seems they are heading in the same direction, especially removing content and trying to package it back in as a major announcement, it is disappointing.

In all honesty, I'd rather just have blacktop mode back than ASW. At least then I can get some 2on2 and 3on3 action in if I want.
I honestly didn't play nor care for Blacktop mode, I tried it a couple of times and it just wasn't hitting for me, with that being said though I wonder why people are jumping the gun thinking Blacktop mode was removed? They didn't say it was removed and I believe with ASW mode being DLC those who don't buy it will be left with Blacktop mode still in tact, it is the only other mode where you can play street ball and if I am not mistaken they did reveal awhile ago about justin bieber being in 2K13 there was a thread on that announcement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »