Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

I think it looks spectacular. I don't think I'm going to scout every play I go after though (unless I'm only going after 10 or less players that year). I think it will be most useful for battles on which prospect you can't decide to go after.
Chelsea FC
Old 05-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Agreed. I wonder about this as well. I think it would have been better if they would not have revealed the overall rating and forced you to go by individual attribute ratings. Talk about a challenge, but it'd make it a lot more realistic.
That's what I was saying from the beginning. Plus it seems like it's way too easy to get to 100% scouted and avoid busts.

Even with those complaints, it's still a nice sized step in the direction I feel the game should be going. I like the improvement.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That's what I was saying from the beginning. Plus it seems like it's way too easy to get to 100% scouted and avoid busts.

Even with those complaints, it's still a nice sized step in the direction I feel the game should be going. I like the improvement.
Here's the problem though, the gameplay improvements aren't on par with the dynasty and presentation improvements. I think that's the problem that most people have right now. It seems like the priorities for NCAA 13 were, 1. Dynasty 2. Presentation 3. Gameplay, but they should be 1. Gameplay 2. Dynasty 3. Presentation
Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Can't watch the video while I'm at work, but from the responses, sounds like I'll be pleased by this. I'm still playing the hell out of my dynasty right now.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Here's the problem though, the gameplay improvements aren't on par with the dynasty and presentation improvements. I think that's the problem that most people have right now. It seems like the priorities for NCAA 13 were, 1. Dynasty 2. Presentation 3. Gameplay, but they should be 1. Gameplay 2. Dynasty 3. Presentation
I haven't seen the gameplay videos yet, but the passing trajectories and leading a WR alone make it a huge gameplay improvement in my opinion.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Looks like the top players still have too many wideouts. I don't think they addressed speed vs power backs either. I hate having my 6'4" speed backs.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

What I like about this scouting is that it will mean different things to different programs. The Notre Dames and Bamas of the world will mostly just use it to avoid busts. But what about those 1 and 2 star programs? They will be much more likely to use their scouting, I would think, to find those hidden gem 2 and 3 * players who might not be that interested in them initially but who they might be able to attract if no one else is paying attention to at first. The reward of finding these underrated studs probably outweighs the risk of getting a 1* bust.

Even a 3 or 4 * program like Missouri might be tempted to spend more of their time scouting those lower recruits to look for gems rather than avoiding busts. Lord knows we've made a living grabbing 2 and 3* talent like Chase Daniel, Sean Witherspoon and Danario Alexander who end up being gems. However, there could be some serious risks if these guys don't end up being special and you have a lot of guys you offer go unscouted. I don't think it will be easy, even with the knowledge that it will reveal the OVR.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
One of the better parts of these dynamic recruit ratings, to me, is the fact that the smaller CPU run teams should have a much better opportunity to land those "program changing" players.
Especially since there will be gems and busts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »