Home

NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku)

Kotaku's Owen Good has posted his NBA Live 13 hands-on preview, as he goes over the presentation and new passing mechanics of the game.

Quote:
There still will be icon passing for those who prefer it or play with it out of habit. But a simple A button with Stoudemire is going to key the entry to Anthony, however clumsy it was. The same single button, with Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook on the perimeter, sent a longer pass out to Thabo Sefolosha, who had come free from an off-the-ball screen, and not to Kevin Durant, who had set it and was in fact nearer, having rolled back to the hoop. That's what I wanted to do, too. This is tied to an AI system in which players are supposed to recognize the most appropriate target in the area you're facing with the left stick.

That's the direction of the pass. The type of pass will work in your favor if you have a skilled passer as much as it will be an adventure in the hands of someone who isn't. Another example: Mario Chalmers, the Heat's point guard, saw Chris Bosh across the lane on the block. Bosh is 6-11; Chalmers is 6-2. A chest pass to Bosh's numbers in this situation is high enough to get deflected. Chalmers slammed a high, one-handed overhand bounce pass instead, hitting Bosh square to begin his move to the basket.

Source - First Look at NBA Live 13 Shows a Game Making Great Passes—Even the Bad Ones (Kotaku)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
Good news i'm excited I expect EA Sports to comeout strong with NBA Live 13.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku

Sounds like a decent start, glad to finally hear some news on the game...still got a long road till Oct 2 so I'll keep my eyes open to see where they take NBA Live this year.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Rookie

BlackCloudDoggy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku

Sounds good. Can't wait for more info.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Glad to see that they focused on a specific area (Passing) that most probably just take for granted.

If it's simplified and AI-intuitive...that is a huge plus for overall gameplay.

Good passers racking up dimes because they come easy.

Bad passers forcing alot of turnovers because they're low-rated passers.

Working on gameplay = positive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Dynastium's Arena

OVR: 1
Have we even seen a screenshot of this game? lol
Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Would rather have heard they give us options to decide on our own, but glad they at least focused on player position/location specific passing, will wait for actual game play before I gave them praise.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Working on gameplay = positive
Agree completely with bigeast
if gameplay is on point everything else will seem to fall in place. Ready for videos to so i can see if it is running smooth instead of that herky jerky movement it always had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »