Home

NHL 13 Gameplay Producer Videos - Speed vs. Control and Explosiveness

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Gameplay Producer Videos - Speed vs. Control and Explosiveness within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
The NHL series is one of the best for a reason. And they are doing it again. Very impressed.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
Very impressed. Haven't purchased a hockey since the 90's. Hopefully they can introduce this technology into a certain NFL game. I will definitely be following this game though. Never thought I would say that about a hockey game again.
Ditto on ur first 3 sentences. Not a big hockey fan but I've been wanting a hockey game for the longest. Each yr I've been wanting to pull the trigger but then I play the demos for a while and the desire eventually goes out the window because of how stiff the game still looked and played. If I were a big fan, I woulda bought em like I do with Madden, regardless of how stiff the game is.

That being said, I really feel like THIS is the yr I finally get an NHL game since PS1. The vids look incredibly good with how these elements have come together. This tech most likely WILL be shared wit Madden.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 13 Gameplay Producer Videos - Speed vs. Control and Explosiveness

Really liking what I'm seeing here.

The way the defensemen pivot from forward to backward looks great. And not being able to skate backward as fast as forward anymore is long overdue.

Very happy to see many things these vids show. I'm just hoping now that all this physic based stuff applies to the AI controlled players as well. If so...these upgrades could possibly lead to the sloppier play many of us having been talking about.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #20
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

THANK YOU, EA.

Man, I really hope this physics stuff is implemented correctly at launch. It looks so awesome in the videos.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Really liking what I'm seeing here.

The way the defensemen pivot from forward to backward looks great. And not being able to skate backward as fast as forward anymore is long overdue.

Very happy to see many things these vids show. I'm just hoping now that all this physic based stuff applies to the AI controlled players as well. If so...these upgrades could possibly lead to the sloppier play many of us having been talking about.
This oh so much this ^^^

I've always felt that no NHL video game has ever even tried to attempt to capture the actual flow of an NHL game. Lets face it, it's the hardest sport to replicate, the speed, the pivots, the battles down low, etc etc.

Now gap control matters on defense, AI defenders will have to be positionally sound to not get caught at the opposing teams blue line making a bad pinch. Being able to on a cycle actually lose a defender to make a play rather than the AI already knowing your stick presses before you make them.

Not being much of an online player, I think this might be the year where I'm not only playing NHL in spurts here and there, if all these things they're tweaking come together as they should.

The animations for skating finally seem to be where they need to be, although it took a while. The speed of the players stopping and starting, essentially the flow of an actual NHL game seems to be their focus this year and if they manage to pull it off smoothly, it's going to do absolute wonders for the game play.

Heck even the tenders not being locked into animations and being able to anticipate where the puck is going to make a desperation stick save to knock a puck to the corner, or cheat to push across the crease should do great things.

It's hard not to at least get a little excited though although I'm prolly sounding like a broken record I still want to play the demo or at least see 5 on 5 play vs the CPU on Superstar with sim sliders before totally committing.

Last edited by RealmK; 06-02-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

I really hope that, with physics built into the skating and the possibility to work an effective cycle, plays can skate or power their way through a board pin, based on physics, as opposed to automatically being sucked into a "pinned to the boards" animation. Being able to lose a guy on the half-boards with a quick shift will be totally negated if it can just be countered with a board pin as it is now.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #23
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
First fifa now nhl if madden doesnt implement something lkke this "this" year im gonna pop my top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Wow, this really looks good. I was skeptical, but this is really looking like new hotness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »