Home

NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Would have liked to have gotten a screenshot to see how the game was looking but one thing i will say about EA's basketball games is they will try to get the look right. Their player models will demonstrate the length of NBA players. 2k's players are always hunched over and the way little guys are able to block shots from the big guys in the game isn't as real as you'd like. Guys like Durant are long, players have long arms, but different builds.

I'm already preordered and getting 2k but i'll be interested in playing the demo to see the direction they're heading and maybe in the future give them a full chance.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Article proudly brought to you by EA Sports.

That read like an infomercial
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
that screenshot they have isnt that bad. but still i cant see a darn thing thats clear except the ball haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Would rather have heard they give us options to decide on our own, but glad they at least focused on player position/location specific passing, will wait for actual game play before I gave them praise.

Which options are you speaking of?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 13 Hands-On Preview Focuses on the Presentation and Passing Game (Kotaku

Going to be an uphill battle to beat NBA2k games. But competition is a good thing.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds like a good start. Hopefully we get some good footage next week.

Last edited by alexthegreat; 06-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Additionally, some, but not all, of the arenas were scanned using the same technology that imaged Augusta National for Tiger Woods PGA Tour. The result are more distinctive arena interiors, particularly in Orlando and Miami (imaged because they're near the Florida studio building the game).
I like this bit...I'm not familiar with the tech but does this mean they can get some of the arenas to look accurate?

Quote:
I was told some atmospheric sound effects—crowd noise, sneaker squeak, player chatter— come from ESPN audio.
This is something I always loved about the Live series and I look forward to the vids just to hear how it sounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostGame
Which options are you speaking of?
To choose the type of pass we wanted, it still seems that the game decides the best pass to make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »