Home

Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Playbook (Real-Time Physics)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Playbook (Real-Time Physics) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Playbook (Real-Time Physics)

There are two new blogs on the EA Sports site discussing the New Infinity Engine. First off, the Developers Blog gives a bit of insight into the methodology behind the feature:

Quote:
"The Infinity Team is made up of an all-star team of engineers who have backgrounds in mathematics, interactive entertainment, and physics (3 Physics PhDs to be exact) from EA Tiburon as well as EA Physics in Guilford, England. We set out on a multi-year plan to deliver something that would fundamentally change the way football was played. Even with all of the talent on the team we didn’t know if we would be able to release any features this year, but we all knew it was a goal worth striving for. Towards the beginning of the year it became apparent to us that if we pushed hard enough we would be able to implement the first stages of our plan in Madden NFL 13. For this year we chose to focus on primarily on character physics interactions, muscle strengths and tensions, and a balance system"

Secondly, a community blog written by Shopmaster details the new changes from a players point of view:

Quote:
"When I got my first look at the ‘Infinity Engine’ from designer Victor Lugo I could not believe my eyes. Bodies twisted with every hit, wide receivers were spun around in mid-air, QBs getting laid out by blitzing linebackers from the blindside, it all looked great! As great as the presentation was it still could not prepare me for how this new engine would deeply affect the way I play Madden NFL 13. Everything you thought about Madden NFL 13 before has now changed."

Does the inclusion of real-time physics change your buying decision on Madden one way or another?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Sounds even better now that I've read this, especially the muscle strengths being added. This is something which is essentially for game trying to recreate a contact sport. Hopefully it'll vastly improve the O-Line and D-Line interactions as well. That is where I feel Madden lacks the most, mainly due to lack of a system like this.

and yes I was considering getting Madden but was on the fence, this has defintely persuaded me to buy it.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I was buying anyway but, now I'm as excited as I have ever been for a Madden game. Physic's changes everything for the better as far as game play.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
1) Hope this somehow gets into the new Live series

and

2) wonder what additional features they will implement in 14 and 15 as a part of this RTP movement.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
it is worth a try now.. gotta buy just to see the ea hype got me on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
OH MY OH MY OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! Man now I am wondering if I should cancel that NCAA pre-order cause if this physics engine is not in that game.....then whats the point?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 30
A running back that falls on a pile and never actually touches the ground will get back up and keep running. - Whoa dip!

I know they mentioned momentum but I wonder if this just pertains to RTP and not in regards to the new momentum, acceleration and speed that's being implemented in NHL with those beautiful skating animations. I'm assuming not and expect that in Madden 14...for next gen systems. Heh
Old 06-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 30
Oh, and as for buying the game, was going to happen regardless of this announcement but NOW I actually can't wait to get my hands on the demo. I just fear that some of this RTP will be overdone and/or funky. Eh, it's a HUGE improvement to Madden, regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »