Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Georgia Tech vs Clemson (CPU vs. CPU)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Georgia Tech vs Clemson (CPU vs. CPU) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 13 CPU vs CPU Gameplay from E3 - Georgia Tech vs Clemson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
I think it has been discussed here before in other threads ... but to me it seems like the D's pursuit it fast as hell, making it tough to run the option. I'm no triple-option expert, but it didn't seem like there were many decisions by the QB.

Im right there with you. It seems like the defense knows what is coming. Yes it is GT and they are know for the triple option, but dont you think they could break at least one off. Maybe Clemson just had a superb gameplan and knew what to expect, which isnt hard to do! lol I know we saw only one drive so Im not jumping to conclusions, I would just love to see GT break one off though!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

GT plays:

1. speed option right (-4 yards) - correct read, receivers don't block anyone and half of clemson's defenders crash left at the snap much too quickly.

2. triple option left (9 yards) - de crashes, qb keeps, db covers rb. Correct read. Sound and realistic play offensive and defensively.

3. PA pass scramble (15 yards) - Nice decisive scramble by CPU. Unable to tell if anyone is open or may become so.

4. FB dive - ( No gain) - FB looked to have 2-3 yards up the middle but tries to bounce it outside. Defensive pursuit again seems too fast.

5. Triple option left (-2 yards) - Here's where it gets really frustrating... The play is run/read correctly. The end crashes forcing the qb to keep, the DT and linebacker chase the qb down forcing him to pitch. The rb has AT LEAST 8 yards if he continues towards the side line, but for some reason tries to spin inside two defenders and loses two yards.

The CPU definitely does a better job running the option than in 12. However, the defensive pursuit to the outside basically negates all possible positive gains on the speed option for the CPU. Hopefully sliders can help tweak the outcome of the final play because it was run perfectly until the back decides to try and spin past two defenders rather than just continuing his momentum and taking the play to the outside. That being said, the running back AI as a whole needs to be tuned.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobamigo
Tyler shatley #47 is number 62 now and moved to offensive guard
These aren't real players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

5:05 - a defensive tackle pursues flat down the line to tackle an A-back behind the line of scrimmage on an option pitch.

How many times has that happened in history?

(Hint: zero)
Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

That "speed option" play - GT's first in this video - needs to go.

Excellent breakdown at the end of Page 1.

The last play is frustrating for the stated number of reasons, but also fascinating for one big reason - there's no pitch read.

The End is the dive read. The next man outside of him is the Corner. The QB pitched off a missed block of a MLB/slid-over-OLB... that guy is NOT a pitch read.

That's a DREAM situation for a spread option/flexbone team. I'd tell my QB to pull & pitch all day on that when I was coaching. Defensive pursuit is too quick for that in this game, however, and the pitch relationship is still off.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Seeing Clemson's offense in this vid and WV in another, the hurry-up offense is still ran too fast. Players line up too quick and hardly anytime at all is ran off.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
The last play is frustrating for the stated number of reasons, but also fascinating for one big reason - there's no pitch read.

The End is the dive read. The next man outside of him is the Corner. The QB pitched off a missed block of a MLB/slid-over-OLB... that guy is NOT a pitch read.

That's a DREAM situation for a spread option/flexbone team. I'd tell my QB to pull & pitch all day on that when I was coaching. Defensive pursuit is too quick for that in this game, however, and the pitch relationship is still off.
Exactly, with how the play unfolded the offense had no business losing yards, and as you stated the defensive tackle being in that play is a joke. Regardless of whether or not the guard whiffed on his block the tackle will never chase down the option that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man it is depressing seeing the line play sometimes lol. I watched the GT offense and the play at 4:10 (QB scramble) I saw something that just looked wierd. The entire D line stays there trying to collapse a pocket in which there is no QB. They just keep on pushing up field even after the QB takes off with the ball. At least that is what the end keeps doing in the replay can't really see the others but it just looks silly lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »