Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #49
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
LOL yeah some of these Heisman people are strange to me. I also looked up Tim Brown's stats from his year and chuckled...politics involved in that one I'd say with him playing for Notre Dame.
You really needed to see him play. He was dynamic and deserved the award. I say that hating the domers. Looking at numbers out of context without having seen the games he helped them win doesn't tell the whole story.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
You have to give credit to NCAA because they have to work on a lot more details than Madden does. Madden has to work with 32 teams, while NCAA has 123 teams to work with. I think that NCAA is much more smooth and fresh, and it plays out better than Madden. I also think it is too much of a rush to add in an infinity engine for both games. I agree that the infinity engine needs more time to develop. NCAA is doing the right thing by waiting until the new engine is more developed, and Madden rushed it into their game. I think the new engine will look more sloppy in Madden this year.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm REALLY excited to see how the Mock Draft works. I've always wondered how that 78 overall FB who left early (and that I couldn't talk back) fared in the NFL Draft.
Ive wanted this feature for a while. Hope its implemented well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #52
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
If the college version inherits the engine from the Madden version next year, there is no guarantee that the 'child' of the 'parent' (sorry, reminiscing of my college days taking programming classes, LOL!!!) will use all of those features. EA, if it gets to that point, will pick and choose what it wants to highlight in the college version.
They will let you import the draft class next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I think people will be more forgiving of the updates when they're playing Dynasty in the retail version. Then you'll actually have some connection to the games and will not be seeing the same ones every time you play, like in the demo.
I agree, the updates we see on the demo have no meaning to us what so ever.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeboutte
They will let you import the draft class next year.

I agree, the updates we see on the demo have no meaning to us what so ever.
I didn't say anything about the importing of draft classes, and I most certainly wasn't talking about individual improvements on the game. I'm talking about things at the macro level, and the "big picture' is that EA's slogan should be "EA...More Of The Same...". Want to check out a company who, year in and year out, focuses on improving its sports video game? Look no further than SCEA.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #54
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
With the demo, I am having significant trouble reading the defense (with regards to the passing game). Apparently in NCAA 13 motioning a receiver to tell whether the defense is in Man or Zone does not work anymore. Several times I would motion to see if CB would move with my WR but am getting different results than the norm that we are all used to seeing (CB moves with the WR = Man, etc.). Because of this my passing game has been non-existent even though I like what EA has done with rehauling the passing game. Since this strategy is no longer valid, can anyone help me how to read defenses? I am sure that there are lots of gamers who never used motion in the first place who thrive in the passing game and any help and tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 5

What is the distribution of 5-star recruits? Last year almost all 5-star recruits where RBs, QBs, or Athletes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #56
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
You really needed to see him play. He was dynamic and deserved the award. I say that hating the domers. Looking at numbers out of context without having seen the games he helped them win doesn't tell the whole story.
Well said. That season Brown won it by a big margin, something like 1400 points to 800 over the number 2 guy, Don McPherson, QB Syracuse (yeah I don't know him either). To give his numbers some context, he was on an option oriented team, so 39 catches for 846 yards (over 21 ypc!) is pretty dang impressive. He also had 3 punt return TD's and 3 rushing TD's. The year before he had over 900 receiving yards and 2 KR TD's.

By today's standards the numbers may look low, but offenses were different back then. Compare him to his era and it was pretty clear cut who the dominant player of the year was.

http://youtu.be/9T67HDocsEY

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »