Home

NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

When it comes to getting their game down pat, the EA teams up in Vancouver, Canada, are masters. Especially the NHL folks; because once you get your own hands on NHL 13, you won’t want to put down the controller.

By introducing momentum, and by being the first team-sports game to implement real-time physics in skating, NHL 13 is already an early favorite for sports Game of the Year – yes, even above Madden NFL 13 and all of its improvements.

Read More - NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
All of this does sound great. But I keep telling myself: This is an EA Sports title.

EA often promises and hypes and it never follows thru. Look at Madden the last 5 years.

Being a huge hockey fan I would love to see this game be great and sports game of the year. But until the game is in my 360 tray and wowing me night to night, all of the "talk" and "hype" is just that.

Still . . . could this be the year?
Old 06-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
Well, I think NHL has been great for the last 3 years now. Every year it has gotten better. Some years a bit more then others, but overall NHL on the 360 has been a great hockey game. I look forward to this version as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
I haven't purchased a hockey game in years, but with all the things I'm reading on NHL 13.....might have to give this a try.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
Well, I think NHL has been great for the last 3 years now. Every year it has gotten better. Some years a bit more then others, but overall NHL on the 360 has been a great hockey game. I look forward to this version as well.
Yes sir and EA has lived up to the hype overall when it comes to their hockey games. It's a great series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
"Also new are the way strategies work. Each coach has his own strategy, which he takes with him wherever he goes. Potentially you could see the Kings playing like Pittsburgh depending on who their coach could be."
Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!

I think they have improved the game each year, small steps for the most part, but this year seems like a rather large step forward.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Good article, but I just had to laugh at the defense having an unfair advantage. Does anyone at EA Canada play defense on their game? The defense had an unfair advantage yet the puck could fly through 4 people on a cross crease, a forward could get stick lifted and poked multiple times and still hold on to the puck. The team needs to work on puck physics some more to make it livelier. Hopefully that's next year since they revamped (and needed to) the skating.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5
The NHL series is far from great. Game has been practically the same since 2009, with minor (mostly bad) changes every year. Game peaked in 2010 and has been stale ever since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »