Home

NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

I hope they fix BeaGm schedules. Playing 11, and season two, I start the season hosting the Penguins----- twice in a row! This isn't baseball! Lol
Old 06-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

they better have boxscores this year
and the ability to edit player names for ease of use in create team mode.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the DEMO at E3. (I also was able to get my hands on a regular build for about 15 minutes before E3 opened). I have bought every NHL since i can remember and I know this is just my opinion but the changes made to skating will CHANGE the way NHL13 is played. I Loved NHL 11 and even though I liked 12 I understand there wasnt much of a change from 11 to 12, but i promise you 13 will change that.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the DEMO at E3. (I also was able to get my hands on a regular build for about 15 minutes before E3 opened). I have bought every NHL since i can remember and I know this is just my opinion but the changes made to skating will CHANGE the way NHL13 is played. I Loved NHL 11 and even though I liked 12 I understand there wasnt much of a change from 11 to 12, but i promise you 13 will change that.
Glad to hear it. Hope that you noticed the AI improvements during your short time with that particular build.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm obviously biased but it was my favorite sports game to play at E3. Really feels like a new experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Glad to hear it. Hope that you noticed the AI improvements during your short time with that particular build.
It's funny that you mention the AI. So when I got my hands on it the first thing I wanted to do was test skating with the puck. So I picked the puck up with Parise and circled behind my net in an attempt to " bobby Orr" it. Kopitar was first on the forecheck at about the right circle, I blew by him but immediately what noticed was how the AI responded to that. Brown was on th boards at about the blue line, as soon as I went around Kopitar to the outside brown instead of skating directly at me shifted a little to the center in an attempt to " bait" me into going between him and the boards. As soon as I did scuderi stepped up and destroyed me. It was AWESOME to see the AI react like that. I also wanted to mention how much better the goalies seemed. The stupid shortside deke didn't work on quick and I tried it 3 times.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
It's funny that you mention the AI. So when I got my hands on it the first thing I wanted to do was test skating with the puck. So I picked the puck up with Parise and circled behind my net in an attempt to " bobby Orr" it. Kopitar was first on the forecheck at about the right circle, I blew by him but immediately what noticed was how the AI responded to that. Brown was on th boards at about the blue line, as soon as I went around Kopitar to the outside brown instead of skating directly at me shifted a little to the center in an attempt to " bait" me into going between him and the boards. As soon as I did scuderi stepped up and destroyed me. It was AWESOME to see the AI react like that. I also wanted to mention how much better the goalies seemed. The stupid shortside deke didn't work on quick and I tried it 3 times.
This is getting me excited for the game now! I am extremely ready for some gameplay vids, the demo, and for the people who went to community day to spill the beans with impressions and the features (without the "You Have to say this and this" from EA). I just don't want to keep hearing the same stuff we have already heard 1,000 times (I know that happens every year). I just really want to see the new stuff in action. Cannot wait and it really sounds so far like the game has been taken to a new level.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #24
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I wish I would have taken a break last year on NHL 12. But the improvments on NHL 13 sound exciting but this is probally the 1st time since 2007 that I will not pre-order and wait till I see and try the finsih project. Still bummed about them not changing the play by play team since I play mostly offline. Hears hoping for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »