Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Video - Drive For The Cover

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Video - Drive For The Cover within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Video - Drive For The Cover

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

“Drive for the Cover” Campaign Lets Fans Vote For Cover Driver of NASCAR® The Game™: Inside Line

NASCAR fans will determine which NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver will grace the cover of the upcoming NASCAR The Game™: Inside Line video game in the “Drive for the Cover” campaign that launches today. This campaign lets NASCAR fans vote in a bracketed tournament that will be hosted entirely on NASCAR The Game’s Facebook page, and can be easily accessed right here.

Voting opens today as the virtual race for the cover begins on Facebook. Fans will vote for their favorite drivers up to one time per day on Facebook in the “Drive for the Cover” campaign. The campaign will be like no other, as the voting will be featured on each driver’s Facebook page as well as their teams’ and participating sponsors’ Facebook pages. The four-round, seven-week tournament, will target NASCAR fans and avid gamers to have a voice in the selection of a cover driver for the latest NASCAR video game title. Drivers who advance to the next round will be announced the Monday after voting closes:
  • MAY 24 – Voting Opens (32 drivers)
  • JUNE 10 – First Round Closes (16 drivers)
  • JUNE 17 – Second Round Closes (8 drivers)
  • JUNE 24 – Third Round Closes (4 drivers)
  • JUNE 30 – Fourth Round Closes (2 drivers)
  • JULY 15 – Final Round Closes (Champion)
“I think the fans will really enjoy all of the new features and the opportunity to determine the cover driver for NASCAR The Game: Inside Line,” said Blake Davidson, NASCAR vice president of licensing & consumer products and board member of NASCAR Team Properties. “The way Eutechnyx and Activision have integrated themselves into the sport has been amazing. From the fans to the teams, to NASCAR itself and now with our broadcast partners, they have been channeling that into something that evolves our NASCAR games into revolutionary interactive entertainment.”

Activision Publishing, Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and leading independent game developer Eutechnyx announced last week that NASCAR® The Game™: Inside Line will be released this fall. Bringing the true NASCAR experience to consoles, the game will allow players to race with the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers, teams and cars, as well as feature all 23 officially licensed NSCS racetracks. NASCAR The Game: Inside Line is planned to launch Fall 2012 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo.

“We set out to reinvent NASCAR gaming last year with NASCAR® The Game™ 2011 – and we’re very proud of it. With our continued enhancements to that game, and our very passionate fans helping guide us, we have an amazing platform to go to the next level with NASCAR The Game: Inside Line,” said Dave Thompson, executive producer at Eutechnyx. “We’ve added a new in-depth career mode and robust online features that include realistic race weekends, and now aspiring drivers can rise up through the ranks, attract sponsors, and upgrade their car’s components in the quest to be the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion.”

“The collaboration between Activision and Eutechnyx produced last year’s hugely successful NASCAR game experience,” said David Oxford, executive vice president, Activision Publishing. “NASCAR The Game: Inside Line builds on that platform and adds a number of innovative, cutting edge features that will give fans and gamers alike the chance to participate in the sport like never before.”

Click here to vote in the “Drive for the Cover” campaign.

Who would you like to see on the cover?
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Video - Drive For The Cover

Also known as the "Don't Let Junior Fans Find Out About This Vote" Contest. I think it's stupid that they put Kyle and Kurt together in the same bracket. This game seems to be shaping up to be much improved over last year, only problem is with the late release is that the cars will probably be this years models instead of next years.
NCAA: Auburn/Whoever Bama's playing
NFL: New England Patriots
NBA: Boston Celtics/Whoever The Heat Are Playing
NHL: Boston Bruins
NASCAR: Kyle Busch/Not Jimmie/Not Junior
Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
this seems to be the trend these days for sports games. Let the fans vote. If it were based on Nascar fan popularity then this isn't going to be much of a contest and Junior will win.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
Also known as the "Don't Let Junior Fans Find Out About This Vote" Contest. I think it's stupid that they put Kyle and Kurt together in the same bracket. This game seems to be shaping up to be much improved over last year, only problem is with the late release is that the cars will probably be this years models instead of next years.
I agree its stupid they put both Kurt and Kyle in the same bracket. Both drivers are my favorite now I can only vote for one.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I was beginning to doubt if they were actually going to release a sequel. Given the late release, hopefully they will do an update for cars / drivers once the new season starts in early 2013. My guess is that in future years they will release it around the holidays right before the start of the new season to take advantage of holiday sales. Although the online was a disaster, NASCAR 2011 for offline racing wasn't too bad and I liked it a lot better than NASCAR 09 (by EA). Still, I re-sold the game late last year while there was still demand for it. Unless Amazon provides me with some pre-order incentives, I'll wait for the review and the usual $20 discount which occurs after a few months before buying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Any word if this game will be at e3? And also going to be at Dover this weekend hopefully they have a demo or something set up. If so I'll take some videos.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

SilentSanta's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Video - Drive For The Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Any word if this game will be at e3? And also going to be at Dover this weekend hopefully they have a demo or something set up. If so I'll take some videos.
They won't be at E3, no.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Any new info on this game. Trailer?

Can't wait for a decent NASCAR game and hearing the guys from the old Papyrus were helping out on this has me excited.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »