Home

FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 13 Preview within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
I'm interested to see what added leagues are in FIFA 13. Rumors of the Saudi Arabia league thus far, but we shall see...
Hopefully the argentinian league and I would love to see the Carling premiership as well as a few others. Maybe try and get a few more international licenses, namely Brazil but maybe Poland a few others as well.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
By facilities I mean that your youth facilities are actually good enough to develop your player and good enough to attract him in the first place. Note how in real life teams like Barcalona of course produce heaps on young talent due to La Masia. However note how a lesser team, Sporting Lisbon also produces a lot of great young players. This is due to their training facilities and leads me to my next point...

I think that FIFA should borrow sme ideas from FM for their manager mode, namely a deeper intereaction with the board and the ability to improve your youth facilities etc. This way you could really focus on growing your team rather than buying players.
I remember in an older FIFA game having to level up your stadium to maximize revenue, and having to level up your coaches, your negotiator, and your scout to improve the chances of developing that next great player. It was always fun to bring a team like Sheffield Utd or another lower tier team up to the level of Man U or Barca with these investment-style improvements
Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOwusu
I remember in an older FIFA game having to level up your stadium to maximize revenue, and having to level up your coaches, your negotiator, and your scout to improve the chances of developing that next great player. It was always fun to bring a team like Sheffield Utd or another lower tier team up to the level of Man U or Barca with these investment-style improvements
Yeah this is what I love, I'm a huge football manager fan as well and its great to that, way more fun that just playing as a top team. You can build up a team in FIFA 12 but not in the same way, for the me the only way you can do it is by buying and then selling players off for a profit and then slowyl rebuilding your team. However, its not very realistic and its very basic. At the minute in my FIFA career I have brought Swindon Town to the Premier League and I'm in 2017/18 season, it was quite fun but gets pretty boring and like I said the realism just isn't there, it should be very difficult and take much longer than that.

Although I guess the other way of looking at it is, FIFA is for the gameplay and if you want a deep career then just stick to football manager.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Hopefully more fouls are called this year.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

Quote:
Although I guess the other way of looking at it is, FIFA is for the gameplay and if you want a deep career then just stick to football manager.
But FIFA could have BOTH. And it has in the past. Adding something simple like realism in scouting could seriously benefit the series.
It's so awesome being able to play more than just 3 or 4 years without having the game "break" in my opinion.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

And I totally agree with the fouls thing, but I hear the tweaks with the player impact engine should help improve referee awareness.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8
The CPU better not be able to just crash into you and take the ball at will with no fouls being called. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a CPU get a red card in a match.

Hopefully foul frequency gets a overhaul. Really the only thing that is holding this game back from being the best game out there I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Or you could just turn on manual controls which does exactly what you just described?
hmmmm manual controls...ill give that a try! r u saying that this entire time i've had AI direct my passing, and that's why i've been getting frustrated?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »