Home

EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

This is a discussion on EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
We have talked about this already but I want to look at this not from the perspective of All Pro Football or any of the 2k games. I want to look at this within the framework of Madden/NCAA and I have already forwarded this and hope there is something that can be done. They can actually make the DE's rush better in Madden 13 by paying attention to the scripts and animations in their own animation engine. I saw this in the NCAA 13 demo (thus I know they have access to the animation script) but did not see it in any of the Madden videos from E3. It did not happen too much in the NCAA 13 video. When I saw it the lights came on. It's not the solution, but it is perhaps the best realistic quick fix they can make for Madden 13 to get the DE's to rush the passer more adequately.

It's not the end all be all but I think we need this script as a quick fix.

While it can look better, we gotta work with what EA is giving us. This script is in the game and looks decent so why not replicate it and have guys do it more instead of the bounce and keep bouncing animation. At least with this one there is an engagement and the DE actually dips his shoulder and there actually looks to be a struggle between the tackle and the DE. I think blitzing 3-4 OLB's deserve the same rush script.

Let me be clear on what I'm advocating. I think this script needs to play out more consistently through passing downs if you set your defense up to rush this way. Second, the guys coming off the edge need to get there a little faster than the LSU DE's in the video.

Separating players based on ratings would be the tricky part. I think this could help with making the elite pass rushers actually seem like they are on the field.
Another thing to think about since EA's system is based on wins and losses is what would a win for an offensive tackle look like in this scenario?

What do you guys think?
Will you be putting this on gamechangers site?
www.easports.com/gamechangers

If not I'll be post it for you,let me know if you decide not too;as I stated earlier "I WILL".

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
Will you be putting this on gamechangers site?
www.easports.com/gamechangers

If not I'll be post it for you,let me know if you decide not too;as I stated earlier "I WILL".
I doubt they'll change it seeing as how he said there wouldn't be any major change to the OL/DL interaction this year.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I've been messing around a lot with the NCAA demo the past few days. I have noticed a lot more engaged movement than I've seen in the past, but I still see the bouncing more than I think I should. My LSU 4 man rush overwhelms Alabama whenever I play which is pretty fun. But I never hot route my defensive ends as I see you did on every snap. Could that account for the bouncing?

To the second part of the question, ideally a win for the offensive tackle would be pushing the defensive end up the field while the quarterback steps up, but in Madden terms a win for the tackle whose superior pass blocking strength was countering a bull rush would probably have that bounce animation. Although, I would like to see an animation where he anchors and sits down on the end.

A win for a tackle whose superior pass blocking footwork was countering a finesse move would probably once again look like the bouncing animation. Ideally, I'd like to see him get a finesse rusher on the ground as he spins, or use his superior feet to carry him by the quarterback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

CO-SIgn!!! Please get rif of that patty cake animation from blitzing LB's and DE's.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
...What do you guys think?
To me the biggest thing lacking is the speed rush off the edge, where you see tackles get beat and yet still engage the pass rusher as he goes upfield. You really don't see that in EA Football. The win for the offensive lineman in that scenario would be the offensive lineman engaging just enough to push the DE or OLB off course to buy the QB a bit more time.

Thing is none of that ^ exists in the game as far as I can tell. I almost think they should just focus on getting it right by adding new and proper movements, rather than trying to "fix" it with something that doesn't really address the problem.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
To me the biggest thing lacking is the speed rush off the edge, where you see tackles get beat and yet still engage the pass rusher as he goes upfield. You really don't see that in EA Football. The win for the offensive lineman in that scenario would be the offensive lineman engaging just enough to push the DE or OLB off course to buy the QB a bit more time.

Thing is none of that ^ exists in the game as far as I can tell. I almost think they should just focus on getting it right by adding new and proper movements, rather than trying to "fix" it with something that doesn't really address the problem.
In the grand scheme of things you are right. For Madden 13 they are not going to have the time for all of that. Given that fact, we still need something to give the elite pass rushers from the edge some presence in the game.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
Just wondering,do you guys think it's too late for the team to code this quick fix?
I don't think something like this would be too late since it is an animation script that is already in the game engine. How to make it play more consistently shouldn't be an issue. Someone could probably write that in a couple of hours give or take. Determining win and loss animations would probably be the biggest hurdle. I like SP explanation above. Everything we are asking for him the animations are already in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things you are right. For Madden 13 they are not going to have the time for all of that. Given that fact, we still need something to give the elite pass rushers from the edge some presence in the game.
In that video you posted though, I'm not sure I'd call that presence. The sacks were more coverage sacks than anything else, with the QB making no real attempt to evade the pass rush. So I'm not sure I'd even call that a fix. Resources might be better spent elsewhere, but the guys at Tiburon would know better than me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »