Home

EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

This is a discussion on EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
This is correct, which is why the second part is to have it set up faster...
I don't see how they could do that and have it work without adding in new stuff.

I think the only real temporary fix is if they give DEs and OLBs a pass rush boost through ratings, so that those positions got a higher percentage of sacks. They might not currently have the proper movements to make it look right on the field, but at least it would help the stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
My biggest issue with the pass rush is that it always seems to be all or nothing. A guy either gets pressure or he doesn't and there is really no in between...
Definitely a key point moving forward. Would be great if it wasn't simply divided into win/loss, but rather slight win/slight loss and big win/big loss, with a few holding penalties and illegal hands to the face thrown in to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #26
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

The only thing is that you have to hot route the defensive end to rush strait ahead and let the computer rush. If you the stay on the DE, you will get stuck on the d-tackle.

I found out cheese in the NCAA 13 demo too, regarding this. If you blitz up the middle and hot route the DE strait, and human control the DE, he will get strait to the QB with out being blocked every time.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #27
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

LBZ - Kudos to you for breaking this down without making any comparisons to All Pro Football. The way you present it, EA has few excused for getting this done. At the same time, The OL/DL play being vastly superior and more dynamic in that game despite it being 5 years older IMO needs to be brought to EA's attention as much as possible.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #28
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Maybe its just me but I like it but I don't -- the pocket never truly forms. The QB is on the outskirts of it.

They need to 'spread' the interactions out a bit so the QB is actually in the pocket -- mixt that in with DEs rushing up the field (which should only be on pass commit type plays) and that would be golden.

Getting them to at least mimick doing it right is good I guess but until they fix the entire line's interaction with each other it will never look right IMO.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

What up Kanobi? I did a video with 2k8 earlier. Based on what I've seen of Madden 13, they aint coming close to the way the DE's rushed the passer in that game. I just want them to have something to keep folks interested on defense and pressured on offense. From the E3 videos it looks like defense is going to get old pretty quick and become a chore. I don't want to have to rely on spy's and contains or the blitz set ups that always get the DE as a free rusher.

Another idea I thought about this morning was the contain blitz. Why not use the contain script but rather than have the DE's breaking off and stopping the rush, have them keep running up the field. At least it is wider. Then have them fight and push the OT in rather than bouncing. I don't know, I just hope they get something done in this area this year that is decent. They are not going to get the OL/DL fixed by any means this year, but if they can do anything to enhance it and make it look better, that's what I'm after. What I saw from the E3 videos looked like the past, namely, live and die by the blitz. Or try to trick the OL and get one man free. Mehhhh, no longer into that type of stuff.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0
I LOVE the idea. It's something that should already be in the game. We're already talking about Madden 14 wish list though. And that kinda saddens me. Hopefully, the stuff they implement in the game aren't all publicized and made to be a 'back of the box' feature. Maybe the work has been put into the final product.
That would be something...wouldn't it?? I like playing games and being hit with surprises that make the game better.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 34

LBz always has great content.

I agree 100% with his point of view on this matter.

My only thing is that I absolutely DESPISE the use of commits- Run or Pass, in order to achieve the aggression that should be naturally occuring during the course of a game, based on down, distance play call, pre snap adjustments, and how good the players actually are.

Ive seen enough of these commits, to be convinced that all they do is give the defenders a programming steriods boost to their ratings at the expense of the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Madden 13 desperately needs this.

Speed rushers in the NFL don't seek contact with OL. Power rushers do.

Get rid of the suction blocking by the OL and allow CPU DEs to rush outside the OL's shoulders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »