Home

Sound Off: Will Tiger Win Another Major?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Will Tiger Win Another Major? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
Tiger easily has 10 years left in him. He'll win multiple majors.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Sound Off: Will Tiger Win Another Major?

I believe so. If based off of nothing else than the fact he gets to play Augusta every year and the course the other 3 majors are played on are going to be in his wheelhouse. He gets Valhalla in 2014 for the PGA (won at in 2000), The British at St. Andrews in 2015 (won at in 2000 and 2005) and Royal Liverpool in 2014 (won at in 2006). He may never win another U.S. open, but he will get a few more majors.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by cdawg44; 06-18-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

He collapsed yesterday, maybe he'll win one more if he's lucky
Favorite NBA Player Tracy McGrady
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs34236
He didn't collapse Sunday, he collapsed Saturday...Come on Olympic is a tough course. I still think he'll break the record for majors..
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

He might get one more, maybe 2 if he's lucky but the odds are strongly against him to break Jack's record. You have to remember the 2 tourneys he's won since coming back are 2 courses he feels immensely comfortable playing in. He's still a good golfer but that's the problem, he's just a good golfer amongst a sea of good golfers and his recent successes this year have also been hampered by just as many bad performances and missed cuts which shows he's no longer anything special and just has the same inconsistencies as every other top golfer out there.

When you factor in that his swing has taken a toll on his body the last few years then I don't see him being a top golfer in his 40's like many others have who have an easier swing than him. Realistically he's got a 5 year window to win those majors and since the competition seems a lot stiffer and much less intimidated than during Tiger's prime years than the odds appear against him winning those multiple majors in those 5 years. And his enthusiasm for the game will probably waver once he realizes he's just an average golfer in his 40's and may cut down on his schedule.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs34236
I just think we all get so caught up in the moment too much. Olympic was down right brutal and he was just off on some shots and could not get used to the slowed down greens over the weekend. I really like his chances at Kiwah Island this year for the PGA. He won't be penalized for being off at the PGA like you are if you miss shots at the U.S. open. If you watched, his ball striking has really gotten so much better over the past year and it is getting back to that level from 5 to 6 years ago. Plus, hell the guy is healthy for a change. Tiger only played 12 tournys in 2010 and and 9 in 2011. He is already at 12 so far for the year.

He at least gets 3 more before his 40th birthday. Then that leaves him 2 short and if he stays healthy, who knows.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »