Home

NHL 13 Hands-On Impressions with True Performance Skating

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Hands-On Impressions with True Performance Skating within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Hands-On Impressions with True Performance Skating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Agreed, Mizz. I trust, Bill.

In fact for Fathers day, my kids prepaid for NHL '13' for me.

I can't help but to keep watching that video about the new skating and Hockey IQ. Every time I hear Rammer say in the vid...."You can no longer skate through the neutral zone with ease."...and then I see the AI defensemen standing up at their blue-line...a huge smile comes across my face. Man...that's a big welcome change to NHL! Cannot [swear word] wait!
I feel the same, hopefully everything else works out as advertised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #26
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I can't help but to keep watching that video about the new skating and Hockey IQ. Every time I hear Rammer say in the vid...."You can no longer skate through the neutral zone with ease."...and then I see the AI defensemen standing up at their blue-line...a huge smile comes across my face. Man...that's a big welcome change to NHL! Cannot [swear word] wait!
Nice present!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #27
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Nice present!
Yep Mizz...when my kids asked me what I'd like for Fathers day, NHL and dinner were the first things that popped into my empty head.

Ah dang it!...I should have asked for a years worth of XBox live too.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

You we're the first guy I thought about when I saw that team system video. If I didn't read 100 messages from you on this board about the lack of pressure in the neutral zone (where most of the games are won or lose in the NHL), I didn't read 1. :-)

I hope it translate in the game like it's in the videos. My jaw simply went to the ground watching the Yotes lined up in an umbrella formation in the neutral zone! :-)
Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Yep Mizz...when my kids asked me what I'd like for Fathers day, NHL and dinner were the first things that popped into my empty head.

Ah dang it!...I should have asked for a years worth of XBox live too.

Trade in NHL 12 towards XBL.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
You we're the first guy I thought about when I saw that team system video. If I didn't read 100 messages from you on this board about the lack of pressure in the neutral zone (where most of the games are won or lose in the NHL), I didn't read 1. :-)

I hope it translate in the game like it's in the videos. My jaw simply went to the ground watching the Yotes lined up in an umbrella formation in the neutral zone! :-)
Yeah FB...I've been hammering away about this issue in the gameplay for quite a while now. So yep, like you FB...my jaw fell when I watched that video too.

Like you said here FB, hopefully the video shows close to what we'll see in the final product. If so...we should see a fundamental change in how we play the game vs the AI. Can't wait to give it a try!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
We'll see.. hopefully the attributes get an overhaul where there are pros/cons to every build and a well balanced team has the advantage.. instead of now where only about 3 attribs matter and if they're at 99 you're golden.

Kind of funny they said "size really matters" for 12 yet as long as you're skating fast you can knock down anyone regardless of size or attribs..
Well, our main problem is we basically go up the right boards to our RW, who either passes to our LW or beats the goalie short side.

And THATS what EA is fixing, which is a problem because our offense SUCKS at puck control...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »