Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Pezell04x - you will not know the gem or bust status unless you scout them, their overalls change with scouting. I think in one of the videos it showed a 5* QB who was listed as an 84 but after a week of scouting went down to a 77. I would imagine this is an average change with regard to scouting.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I love it, but I'm pretty disappointed you know who will be a gem or a bust because you can see the overalls. Imagine recruiting a highly touted 5-star QB and find out his overall is a 75 and he's a bust.

Or recruiting some 3 star HB and when he signs, you see his overall is an 80 or so.

That would be sick. Knowing the OVR ahead of time is kind of a bummer, but I'm looking forward to this so much that it doesn't bother me a whole lot.
You would have to 100% the recruit to see the guys final overall. You only have a limited amount of scouting Time so you most likely won't be able to do this for each recruit.

Sent from my cheap *** phone
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am with Pezell on this one. I like that fact that you can have gem's or bust's but the fact that you see the overall before they actually hit the field is a let down. While it's a good idea how much does finding that players strengths in your system play into his gem or bust status? I have always been able to find gem's and bust's but those are mostly coming out of the ATH pool of recruits. I've turned a 3 star 6'5" ATH into a Heisman Candidate. I have done the same with a 2 star 6'0" ATH the 3 star was a WR and the 2 star was a CB that I had returning punts and kicks in his first two seasons.

I think this should be soley based off of your system, how you run your system, and being able to point out the players strengths while hiding their weakness. If they bring back Individual Training events this feature would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

Quote:
If a recruit arrives on campus with a lower rating than expected, the game will appropriately identify that player as a "bust." Alternatively, prospects who end up with a higher-than-expected rating are labeled "gems."
Not really sure I like that they are labelled as busts or gems before they even play a down. Will busts still turn into stars if they are successful or can gems be slow in progression as they age?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
With the bust/gem, if a player is just 3 or 4 OVR points higher than expected, is he a gem? If so, that's kinda poorly thought out.
No, I read that there are BIG swings. I read somewhere the swing is as high as 20-22 pts.
I think a gem/bust will be so if there is a -/+ 6 Ovr pts.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
No, I read that there are BIG swings. I read somewhere the swing is as high as 20-22 pts.
I think a gem/bust will be so if there is a -/+ 6 Ovr pts.
Yeah I also saw that in the podcast.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Not really sure I like that they are labelled as busts or gems before they even play a down. Will busts still turn into stars if they are successful or can gems be slow in progression as they age?
I think the progression is the same, based on the Coaches OVR grade. So, a 70 OVR bust 5 star QB can still become a 90 OVR QB with a good coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #16
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11
This is a Greta feature! Stoked for 13!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »