Home

NHL 13 Video and Screenshots of Cover Athlete Claude Giroux

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video and Screenshots of Cover Athlete Claude Giroux within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
NHL 13 Video and Screenshots of Cover Athlete Claude Giroux

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the new NHL 13 screenshots, featuring Claude Giroux, right here.

EA SPORTS AND NHL.COM ANNOUNCE CLAUDE GIROUX AS
FAN-SELECTED EA SPORTS NHL 13 COVER ATHLETE

Cover Athlete Unveiled During Live Broadcast of 2012 NHL Awards

Fans Cast Nearly 26 Million Votes In The First Ever
EA SPORTS NHL Cover Vote Campaign, Sponsored by BlackBerry

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - June 20, 2012 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and NHL.com announced today during the live broadcast of the 2012 NHL AwardsTM that Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux has been selected by fans as the EA SPORTS NHL®13 cover athlete. Giroux beat Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne in the final of the first ever EA SPORTS NHL® Cover Vote campaign by less than a one percent margin, in what was the closest matchup of the entire campaign. NHL 13 will be available on September 11, 2012 in North America and September 14, 2012 in Europe.

“The support fans have given me throughout the campaign has been unbelievable,” said Flyers forward Claude Giroux. “I am very excited to be on the cover of NHL 13 and I want to thank everyone who campaigned and voted for me - especially my teammates, the Flyers organization, and of course all the NHL fans who voted and tweeted.”

Between March 29 and June 4, fans cast nearly 26 million votes on NHL.com throughout the campaign, which was sponsored by BlackBerry®. During the finals alone, more than two million votes were cast.

“The level of passion that the fans, players, and NHL teams have displayed throughout the first ever EA SPORTS NHL Cover Vote campaign has been overwhelming,” said Dean Richards, General Manager, NHL, EA SPORTS. “The EA SPORTS NHL Franchise has had a rich tradition of outstanding cover athletes and quality games, and we feel privileged to introduce Claude Giroux as the face of NHL 13 as selected by the fans. With Giroux on the cover and our revolutionary new True Performance Skating engine, we feel great about delivering our most innovative title yet with NHL 13.”

“The EA SPORTS NHL 13 Cover Vote campaign presented by BlackBerry was a success in every measurable way,” said Dave McCarthy, NHL Vice President of Consumer Products Marketing. “From nearly 26 million votes cast, to fan and player engagement across social media platforms, to the validation of NHL.com’s standing as the number one destination for hockey fans, the NHL 13 Cover Vote campaign exceeded our expectations.”

“Congratulations to Claude on being chosen by the fans as the EA SPORTS NHL 13 cover athlete,” said Adam Larry, NHLPA Director of Licensing and Associate Counsel. “We cannot say enough about the amazing job done by all those involved with the EA SPORTS NHL Cover Vote campaign. The terrific support that all 60 participating NHL players received from not only fans and gamers, but also other NHL players, the teams, teammates, friends and Twitter followers, drove the success of the campaign in its first year.”

The NHL 13 Cover Vote campaign gave fans the opportunity to select the face of the EA SPORTS NHL® franchise as they were able to vote for their favorite candidate at http://www.nhl.com/covervote. The campaign was embraced by NHL fans, teams and players who utilized social media platforms to campaign.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 06-20-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Cover Athlete is Claude Giroux

Hell yea! I'm from Philly so this makes me so happy!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

The game is looking better already!

I guess odds are good they will finally have his correct cyberface in the game.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Picture of the cover:

Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

I am really glad they picked the Flyers mostly because of there uniforms its better than the predators plus the Flyers have been in the league longer. That orange looks better than the yellow unless it was Boston yellow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks great!

Funny how i went on the site to check for some previous results cause i missed a lot but they had results prior to what i watched on CBC lol
Old 06-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

As you can see, I'm clearly happy with the winner.

WX
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Yippie skippy give great gameplay and a game that's mostly bug free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »