Home

Sound Off: Do you like the college football playoff plan?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Do you like the college football playoff plan? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sound Off: Do you like the college football playoff plan?

The day has arrived, we now know that College Football's National Champion will definitely be decided by a playoff for the first time ever for the 2014 season. The format seems simple enough: the top four teams as chosen by a selection committee.

The question of by what criteria will the teams be selected has not been finalized. It sounds like, on the surface, that the days of computers and polls deciding the National Champion might be a thing of the past.

So what do you think about the new college football playoff plan? Do you like it? Are you worried about the selection committee aspect?

Sound off!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
My only concern with a playoff has always been, what happens to the Bowls? The idea of a definitive National Champion has never been that big of a deal for me, I always just "enjoyed the ride".
When the talk of a playoff really started my hope was that Bowls would be used in some way, so I like what I see so far. Although I would like to see a number of the smaller Bowl Games shut down, just too many with teams that do not deserve the privilege.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 32
I think it is a great idea.... I mean it will generate even more excitement than college football already brings. Look how any other sports playoffs bring the level of entertainment up.... Besides, if this fails - it could only pale in comparison to the already failure that is the BCS.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
more than likely they wont shutdown bowls at all, there jsut gonna use @ old bcs bowls as playoff games adn then then another bcs bowl as a championship of some sort. Its not a new concept by anymeans its just there seeing it wont lose anyone any revenues.....it will actually ake more moeny!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
I think it sucks. If they go with the top 4 teams, and I was a conference comissioner, the first thing I would do is scrap the conference Why have it? It would only give your best team(s) another chance to lose and not make the playoff. Once this thing starts actually playing out everyone who supported it will realize how stupid it was. When is the last time we've had a college basketball selection show where a team wasn't mad that they didn't get in? Drop the whole BCS, and go back to the old bowl games with the conference tie-ins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Sound Off: Do you like the college football playoff plan?

Its progress, I like it.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
I think it sucks. If they go with the top 4 teams, and I was a conference comissioner, the first thing I would do is scrap the conference Why have it? It would only give your best team(s) another chance to lose and not make the playoff. Once this thing starts actually playing out everyone who supported it will realize how stupid it was. When is the last time we've had a college basketball selection show where a team wasn't mad that they didn't get in? Drop the whole BCS, and go back to the old bowl games with the conference tie-ins.
I know today I'm in the minority but I'd love to see a return to the old bowl game system and conference tie-ins.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6
Lack of on-campus games makes this truly awful. I love my alma mater more than anything, but there's no way I'll ever fork over the money to go to two straight neutral site games should they be competing for a championship. What's wrong with a Florida v. Michigan game in Ann Arbor with a spot for the title on the line? The money-grabbing, corrupt bowls are the real winners here. But just wait a few years when the semi-final games are poorly attended by fans who are holding out for a trip to the big game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »