Home

Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
They deserved it... But ppl forget that there's other superstars in the NBA as well .. Thats been left off the hook since day 1 ... I expect lebron to get more rings there's no doubt that he will being the player that he Is... But let's talk about Carmelo Anthony whos been in the same draft lebron was in ... Let's talk about that NYK team who's been playing poorly having 2 superstars ... Melo has been gettin slandered this year but it's time for them to step up and it's time for melo to finally get out of the first round in the playoffs for a second time in his career
Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

Just because LeBron won a ring doesn't mean he shouldn't continue to work hard to improve his flaws. He should expand his post game even further. Relish setting more screens and making more off ball cuts. Improve the accuracy of his perimeter and free throw shooting. He should constantly be in pursuit of playing the perfect game.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohty_t
like him or not , the man deserves the ring . i know many wanna hate , but the guy admits how he left cleveland on hour special was immature. i mean at least he can admit his mistakes. most people cant do that. will they win 6 or 7 nope wade is getting older and less athletic. however , they played a heck of a playoff run this year.. congrats to the whole team! its time people stop being childish themselves and just hate on a guy because he is really that good. that is the true underlying issue with most, they just cant admit it. the man can admit his mistakes.... can you?
No one "deserves" a ring. It's not a God given right. He earned the ring. And people have reasons, legitimate in your or my opinion or not, to "hate" LeBron. Believe it or not, not everyone just hates him because it is the cool thing to do, and even if they do, that's their prerogative. It's not "childish" to dislike a guy that went against what you believe in.

People are going to believe what they want to believe. They aren't going to try to make you hate LeBron, so you shouldn't try to make them like him.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
No one "deserves" a ring. It's not a God given right. He earned the ring. And people have reasons, legitimate in your or my opinion or not, to "hate" LeBron. Believe it or not, not everyone just hates him because it is the cool thing to do, and even if they do, that's their prerogative. It's not "childish" to dislike a guy that went against what you believe in.

People are going to believe what they want to believe. They aren't going to try to make you hate LeBron, so you shouldn't try to make them like him.
I agree... and "hate" is such a strong word. I don't even know the guy to hate him. But in my opinion, he took the cheap route. Yes he got his ring, but let's be glad that every superstar isn't following in his steps. Otherwise you'd have probably 6 allstar teams and the other 24 teams would just be fill ins.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Well deserved. The man obviously works his tail off and matured a lot this season, finally. However, 1 championship has been done before. He has a couple more to go. Well done and well deserved. I can finally say that LeBron won't get my hate, he finally has done what he should've done a long time ago.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
Banned

poohty_t's Arena

OVR: 1
hahaha ok , so i see how my words are misconstrued . when i said he "deserves " the ring , i had no intention of , "its a God given right" . i love how people wanna go from one extreme to another. so for those simple minded , let me break it down .... i mean he deserves it because he is one of the best in the biz right now, he works hard , has been working hard to better himself and improve, which he has from last season to this one . so that is more clarification for those who wanna try to read too much into something. there is the fact of what i meant. the other things is , i dont think it was cheap route. you stick with a team for 6 years who , NEVER ever trys to bring you any help at all. why wouldnt you want to go somewhere where you have some help? d wade aint the superstart he was. he is slipping. that should be obvious. bosh is good , but not a real superstar. so not that cheap of a move to me . and i liked NY dreams point . no one wants to talk about NY big two stars and how pathetic they seem to be most of the time. there are many teams in nba with two really good players , and some good 3 and 4 guys , heck look at OKC. i just think , he worked hard to improve himeself , he went to a better team , cleveland coulndt buy a game after he left , you know y? cause there was no other talent on that team . they wanted to leave it all up to him to win them a ring . no one man has ever won a ring , not even the greatest of all Jordan. do i think Lebron is Jordan ? nope. he is Lebron. and i dont mean all hate/dislike him because he is great, but alot do. try to not read soo much more into things that aint there . he deserved his ring , for working hard, playing hard. check his playoff stats if you need to know what i mean by that . his whole team deserved the ring . they came together and found a way to make it happen , with their backs to the wall , numerous times in playoffs. go ahead read some more into that too ......... smh
Old 06-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
I agree... and "hate" is such a strong word. I don't even know the guy to hate him. But in my opinion, he took the cheap route. Yes he got his ring, but let's be glad that every superstar isn't following in his steps. Otherwise you'd have probably 6 allstar teams and the other 24 teams would just be fill ins.
Yes hate is a strong word, but it also depends how or what you use the word. I hate what Lebron did, and in turn this made me lose a ton of respect for him. I dislike him a lot for going the cheap route in getting a ring. Once he teamed up with Wade I knew they would get one.

Now seeing what I saw this year out of Lebron he gained my respect. I was still rooting against him, but Lebron played great.

Where I thought he could only accomplish this task was if Wade lead the way, Lebron did. Where I saw him countless times just fade away in the fourth and settle for jumpers. Lebron did the total opposite, and just attacked and in all phases of the game.
Where I saw and heard Lebron make immature remarks. He became much more mature and said the right things.

I hated what he did, but he is a prime example of a person who made a mistake learned from it, and did the right things. To me this deserves respect and forgiveness.

Lebron James Congrats on your championship. You displayed great basketball play from day 1 till the final game of the championship. You earned this championship, and every right to feel great about it. I take my hat off to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #16
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Now what?...we can go back to our regular lives, isn't that what he told us little poor people last year after they lost
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »