Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV)

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC

Last edited by made in eu; 06-24-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K13 Gets Detailed and Previewed by Visual Concepts/2K Sports Erick Boenisch

Again with the talk of no more awkward moments...so are injuries done proper now? No more players moving away from the injured but rather have them check how the player is doing?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Gets Detailed and Previewed by Visual Concepts/2K Sports Erick Boenisch

NBA2k is quickly turning into Madden :thumbsdown:
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Rookie

marcbitw1992's Arena

OVR: 1

Hmmmm ? was he avoiding or hinting on that charles barkley question
Old 06-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Getting your My Player invited to the 3pt or dunk contest mid season is gonna be sick. Good to hear they're working on the defensive part of it. 2K8's footplanting and defensive control was the best to date imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

1. While some may believe it's a trivial facet of the game to work on, I'm encouraged to hear they're attempting to clean up those in-between animations, where a player scores, turns into a glitchy robot for a split second, then performs a celebration. I feel this is a very necessary alteration and it had to occur sometime, so I'm glad to see the energy put forth. If done correctly, I think this could really change how the game looks.

2. Boenisch mentioned most other games only offering small, relatively insignificant bonuses as pre-orders (he referenced a weapon a person levels up from in an hour). I think there's a reason for that: other companies don't want to screw the consumer out of important content. Now, whether consumers believe the All-Star Weekend to be important or not is up for debate. However, I still find it unfortunate that many folks (like my brothers, who must wait until Christmas) will miss out on something they really want, only because they do not pre-order. They're really forcing my hand as well, since I don't enjoy pre-ordering.

3. The idea of having a My Player selected to the All-Star Weekend festivities is expected, but still neat. I also liked hearing there may be an array of classic player dunks available to the user. Unfortunately, it just makes me wonder what could have been, had 2K opted to go with a legitimate control scheme instead of button mashing. What satisfaction will there be in pulling off a Michael Jordan free throw line dunk if all I had to do to initiate it was enter a button code that has zero correlation to the aesthetics to the dunk itself?

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-24-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
NBA2k is quickly turning into Madden :thumbsdown:
Please elaborate.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

I wish they would stop asking about All Star Weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »