Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Gets Detailed and Previewed by Visual Concepts/2K Sports Erick Boenisch

I just want to be able to play more than 10 minutes in the All-Star game if I lead my conference position in votes.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13 Gets Detailed and Previewed by Visual Concepts/2K Sports Erick Boenisch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
I wish they would stop asking about All Star Weekend.
2k isn't answering any other question this early so unless you want the whole interview to be sorry I can't talk about that yet, they have no choice.

Last edited by coolcras7; 06-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
NBA2k is quickly turning into Madden :thumbsdown:
You formed your opinion based on a video talking about:

a.) All Star Weekend
b.) Animation improvement
c.) More defensive control

Dude, relax.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Classic June 2K interview: not saying anything other than what we already know. He could have spoken for 2 hours and still keep all the details to himself. The guy knows his job.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 06-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Geez people expect to hear an awful lot and there is still over three months until the game is released . To the person who said NBA 2K is turning into Madden, NBA 2K has been better than any Madden this gen or last gen (with the exception of 2005).
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Geez people expect to hear an awful lot and there is still over three months until the game is released . To the person who said NBA 2K is turning into Madden, NBA 2K has been better than any Madden this gen or last gen (with the exception of 2005).
most games do start giving out info months before release so people should expect more.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
3. The idea of having a My Player selected to the All-Star Weekend festivities is expected, but still neat. I also liked hearing there may be an array of classic player dunks available to the user. Unfortunately, it just makes me wonder what could have been, had 2K opted to go with a legitimate control scheme instead of button mashing. What satisfaction will there be in pulling off a Michael Jordan free throw line dunk if all I had to do to initiate it was enter a button code that has zero correlation to the aesthetics to the dunk itself?

The guitar hero controls I kinda like. I think the learning curve for ASW was too steep the last time they had it. It was more like a Tony Hawk skater game - I don't want to do all that just to make a dunk contest dunk. I don't mind the new controls because ASW in real life and in videogames are supposed to be a fun event, like a party game, so the controls shouldn't be taken too seriously imo. This will invite a pick up and play type of thing for casual gamers - which I think this mode should be about. Shouldn't be too complex, just pick up and play n have fun pulling off crazy dunks. The dunks should be realistic, but the controls don't need to be Tony Hawk-ish to be 'sim.'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
The guitar hero controls I kinda like. I think the learning curve for ASW was too steep the last time they had it. It was more like a Tony Hawk skater game - I don't want to do all that just to make a dunk contest dunk. I don't mind the new controls because ASW in real life and in videogames are supposed to be a fun event, like a party game, so the controls shouldn't be taken too seriously imo. This will invite a pick up and play type of thing for casual gamers - which I think this mode should be about. Shouldn't be too complex, just pick up and play n have fun pulling off crazy dunks. The dunks should be realistic, but the controls don't need to be Tony Hawk-ish to be 'sim.'
I suppose I won't know until I try it. From the looks of things, it just seems so. . . disconnected. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind the buttons being pressed and what we see on the screen and I feel like that'd be defeating for anyone playing the mode. As others have pointed out, at least in Guitar Hero, the buttons correspond to direct sound output, so it's rewarding for friends to pick up and play because they're doing something. In this case, from the very, very, very small tiny look we've had so far, it literally looks like a code-input setup that results in a pre-determined movie playing out.

As an aside, I have to say I'm not a very skilled gamer, but I've been surprised by all the people discussing the apparent heavy difficulty of the previous dunk contest. I didn't think it was too bad. Just like the game of 2K12 itself, there was a learning curve, but it didn't seem to take much. Though I guess to be fair, it did seem relatively difficult for non-gamers. That said, I'm not entirely sure why a game would go out of their way to appeal to those who usually wouldn't be playing it.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-24-2012 at 09:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »