Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #25
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K13 Gets Detailed and Previewed by Visual Concepts/2K Sports Erick Boenisch

Ok I gotta give you props for that gif... I have to use that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Erick Boenisch Producer Interview (GamerLiveTV)

And MJ was no gimmick! It was the first time we got to play with Jordan in a game since Space Jam or Chaos in the Windy City!

But this interview was nothing new -- same ol', same ol'.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #27
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
And MJ was no gimmick! It was the first time we got to play with Jordan in a game since Space Jam or Chaos in the Windy City!

But this interview was nothing new -- same ol', same ol'.
mj was a gimmick dude lol
Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 AM   #28

JerzeyReign's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
mj was a gimmick dude lol
To me, a gimmick is something that doesn't add to the gameplay or replay value of a game. Adding Jordan added to the replay value of the game, at least to us guys who grew up in the 80s and 90s who wanted to finally live out those moments that have been missing from video games for the past 20 years.

But I'm not going to debate with you -- you say gimmick, I say it wasn't -- agree to disagree.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #29
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
To me, a gimmick is something that doesn't add to the gameplay or replay value of a game. Adding Jordan added to the replay value of the game, at least to us guys who grew up in the 80s and 90s who wanted to finally live out those moments that have been missing from video games for the past 20 years.

But I'm not going to debate with you -- you say gimmick, I say it wasn't -- agree to disagree.
y u no debate =s, yes it added replay value but he was a gimmick because he was the main attraction to the game like pre order bonuses
Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #30

JerzeyReign's Arena

Quote:
y u no debate =s, yes it added replay value but he was a gimmick because he was the main attraction to the game like pre order bonuses
Quote:
In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature
Adding Jordan opened up Legends mode -- and they didn't just throw him and the others in there as a created player (which would have been a gimmick) -- they actually tried to capture the TV presentation of whatever era the other legends were associated with and also added some of their sig shots/moves to capture a more realistic feel -- now you got me sounding like an advertisement -- but at the end of the day, I don't feel it was a gimmick. I know guys try to say that them continously adding legends is a gimmick but I consider it them trying to better the mode (and deliver legends that people are screaming for).
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with the logic there. A game's main attraction is thereby a gimmick? Michael Jordan and the corresponding classic teams did not just add replay value for me, they became a primary draw to the game itself. I don't find anything gimmicky about that. It seems as if that'd be consistent with calling any innovation, improvement or alteration a gimmick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #32
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not sure I agree with the logic there. A game's main attraction is thereby a gimmick? Michael Jordan and the corresponding classic teams did not just add replay value for me, they became a primary draw to the game itself. I don't find anything gimmicky about that. It seems as if that'd be consistent with calling any innovation, improvement or alteration a gimmick.
yes a game's main attraction is a gimmick. 2k simply played the nostalgia card with jordan and the other legends

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »