Home

London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games Trailer, Screens & Details

This is a discussion on London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games Trailer, Screens & Details within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games Trailer, Screens & Det

What are the different game modes? Or how do they all work? Anyone that has the game could you give me some more detail than what is in the description?
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games Trailer, Screens & Det

Just picked this up and gave a few events a try.

Didn't get to try them all just yet but so far so good.

Absolutely love the running (not just mindless button mashing as you need to pay attention to your stamina), the white water rafting is absolutely amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
What are the different game modes? Or how do they all work? Anyone that has the game could you give me some more detail than what is in the description?
I have yet to see every single event but the running involves pressing the X button (PS3) and if you over press it, your gauge turns red which in turn leads to loosing stamina.

The long jump/high jump are similar in which you tap X to gain a certain speed then using the L joystick, you aim for like a 45 degree angle for ideal jumping (the gradient seems to vary).

The trampoline events involve pressing buttons in rhythm and the same goes for diving. So although diverse, a lot of the events utilize the same mechanism.

Not a big fan of the ping pong so far but hey you cant love all 45 events.

My first Olympic game and honestly quite impressed.

Its not FIFA 12 or The Show but I'd give it a solid 7 and the diverse modes as well as online should keep one occupied.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Was able to play through all the events late last night. Gotta say that I'm thoroughly satisfied with this purchase. The above poster pretty much nailed all the control schemes to a tee. The only event I didn't like was the kayak event...mainly because it kicked my butt...lol.

Took me a minute to get used to the running mechanics, but once I did, I was able to give the Jamaicans a run for their money in the 100 and 200 meters. (The Jamaican team is virtually unbeatable IMO in those two events)

My favorite event(s) to date have to be all the swimming events. This requires simultaneously flicking the left and right analog sticks forward in unison to the swimmers stroke. It's relatively easy.

The platform diving was a pain at first, but once I got the hang of sticking the end of the dive, I was able to go after the harder dives.

I would also give it a 7 or so rating.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

This game is tons of fun online and I am royally embarrassing Uncle Sam in practically every event lol..

Y'all need to pick this one up asap!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
I hope this game will be easier on controllers as the last Olympic game was not at all. I remember the rubber coming off both of my 360 joysticks after playing for about a day or two.

And yes the video did nothing to help sell the game.
Yes, it's is much easier on controllers and easier on the fingers but still challenging, maybe even more so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Anyone got this yet? Eager to see what y'all think.
Yeah I got this for PS3 and I have gotten every Olympics/track and field game made, and this is one of the best. The graphics are great, and the complexity of playing events is just right. I am starting up a League for this game the same as I did for Bejing. Hit up if you want to join or just play online.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #23
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

I am starting to get the fever.. I am going to pick it up this weekend... I still love the old school track and field arcade game.!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8

The cool part of London 2012 is the fact that even though its mainly button controlled, it does not even remotely resemble the old button smashers of the Nintendo days. It's more finesse now...very easy on the controllers.

Haven't played it for a day or two but will look to get back into it tonight and also go online to get my butt handed to me by some youngster with natural quick twitching muscle fibers in his fingers...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »