Home

NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
The last man standing. Your last line of defense. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., goalies in NHL 13 have been completely overhauled featuring all-new goalie anticipation and complete limb movement. Netminders will read and anticipate the play as it develops and with over 1000 new animations, are more dynamic than ever before. Goalies are now fully equipped to make that unthinkable save when the game is on the line.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

Looks good. I didn't really see anything new, though. A couple of the saves made were different looking.

What caught my eye was the Full User Control. That coupled with what Rogie posted in the other goalie thread about how our control was actually limited has me rather confused. Now I'm eagerly awaiting a full scoop on user goalie controls. Looks good, though. Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

You look at the video and almost everything is fine with it. It's good, it's seems perfect and it's enjoyable. For someone who don't play the game often, it's kind of exactly what it's suppose to be. From my eyes, it's kind of different.

I think I got it now, comes down to what I've said to a guy at the grocery store few weeks ago : "If it's not extreme, people won't notice, so we're seeing more and more extreme things."

Exact same thing here. We're seeing spectacular gloves saves like M.A. Fleury does. We're seeing spread-leg save like Jonathan Quick does. We're seeing swipe in the back like a second baseman trying to save it from going to the outfield like all goales does 10 times per game (sorry for the sarcasm) even seeing goalies fly to the side and make a desparate save.

Who cares about goalies don't pass the puck like crazy online? Who cares about goalies not beeing able to play a puck without taking a penalty? Who cares about a goalie having trouble stopping a puck that bounce off the corner and get back to the net?

You know what EA, I guess you guys should have taken a look at the best goalie in the league this year, Henrik Lundqvist. Nothing is spectacular, everything is controlled, square and simple.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

This video has both positive and negatives, grant it it's a trailer. The diving saves are absolutely absurd if they are going to happen all the time. All this trailer does is show what a goalie shouldn't be doing all game. Sure they make desperation saves from time to time, but if I see Lundqvist, Rinne, and some of the other huge cool, calm, and controlled goalies diving across the net all the time I'm going to be absolutely furious. If I see this in the gameplay videos or the demo I'm not purchasing it unless there will be a patch addresses the goalies. Goalies are the most important part of the game to me if you can't tell.

The good however is it looks like goalies are actually going to catch pucks cleanly off tips and it also looks like they are going to try and put rebounds in the corner or out of play. It did make the goalies look much better in that department, but the excessive flopping will overshadow that if that is how the goalies play. Differentiation in goalies is all I ask.

Also FBeaule I fully agree on all of the stuff you mentioned. Those things absolutely hampered NHL 12 and there has not been mention of them being fixed. Hopefully that will be mentioned when we receive the rest of the information on the game in the coming weeks.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Looks pretty decent to me.

But like said above....I'm hoping also, that the desperation saves are limited to when it's appropriate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

I`ll be interested to see if they fixed a few glaring animation bugs that they were informed of less than a week after release,and after they acknowledged said bugs,....and saying they can`t fix them till NHL13.

To people who didn`t use manual saves,....all I can do is .

To not want to use them is your own choice,...but to advocate and approve of their removal for everyone is pretty damn selfish.
It`s even more astounding that it looks like EA complied with this stupid request.

No doubt the same half wits who talked them into goalie fights,and poorly tuned,run the goalie/goalie interference/goalie contact.(but give us a shove button that takes 2 minutes to run the animation,so it`s useless)
THis guy likely talked them into removing the ability to effectively paddle down post hug,.....a real world goalie technique,available to us in NHL11,along with the VH technique......and with functional controls to be able to use both techniques properly.

NHL12,and it looks like NHL13.....have taken leaps backward in the quest for more goalie control,and have dumbed down the controls and removed 2 essential goaltending abilities/skills.
The limited reaction limb movement of the manual saves,and the paddle down technique.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

i like that video look's great
Old 07-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I immediately saw a game glitch.....

Spoiler