Home

NHL 13 Blog - EA Sports Hockey IQ: Our Smartest, Most True-to-Life A.I. Yet

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Blog - EA Sports Hockey IQ: Our Smartest, Most True-to-Life A.I. Yet within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Blog - EA Sports Hockey IQ: Our Smartest, Most True-to-Life A.I. Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Lol I can see the newbie posts now--" Detroit won't let me out of the neutral zone!! I need help!!"
If EA is serious about their Hockey IQ saying the AI should be able to do what a human can do on the ice, then the answer to the newbie saying it's too tough to get out of the Kings Forecheck or Red Wings forecheck should be : Learn.

We don't talk about glitching and exploiting the coding in that case. It's not : "Get better and defend a glitch shot.", it's simply learn a way to break a defensive scheme.

No one fell sorry for the Wings in 96 when the Devils trapt silence their offense. The Caps we're winning this spring with a system and it took a better one to beat them.

To me, it's just plain normal. Even if you go online and face a good but legit team, you won't get out of the zone if you don't learn neither you'll do a remake of dirty dancing in the offensive zone. This game should be difficult not because it's glitchy or the AI is superhuman, but simply because the AI do what it's suppose to do.

I guess EA always receive a tons of complain anyway, so that won't be a big change. :-)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Lend some of that AI knowledge to the Football side.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds awesome in theory, can't wait to get my hands on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
If EA is serious about their Hockey IQ saying the AI should be able to do what a human can do on the ice, then the answer to the newbie saying it's too tough to get out of the Kings Forecheck or Red Wings forecheck should be : Learn.
Agree FB.

In all honesty, I'm a hardcore fan...with casual skills. So if things pan out with the Hockey IQ as we hope...I'm very sure I'll struggle maybe bigtime. And for me, if it's nearly to the point of having to almost relearn the game...wow! That will make '13' an absolute blast!

I do have a few concerns that the more casual crowd may complain possibly loudly, if the gameplay leans too far in the sim direction. But then again...I kinda have my doubts that EAC would go so far as to have a learning curve too great for even the most casual among us.

In the end, all I'm really hoping for outta NHL '13' is...that there's a place for all of us.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #13
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

I just really hope they don't mess up some "small" details, that in the end could be game breaking.
Reading up on some of the solutions for the game freezes of '12 posted by EA staff, it seems that those problems are caused by data being processed and saved during a match.

With the new Hockey I.Q. it seems that your old PS3 or 360 are going to do a lot of work in the background, and I'm slightly concerned it could be causing lag and/or freezes.

But I gotta say, while still being cautious... it all sounds pretty f-ing awesome!

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
I just really hope they don't mess up some "small" details, that in the end could be game breaking.
Reading up on some of the solutions for the game freezes of '12 posted by EA staff, it seems that those problems are caused by data being processed and saved during a match.

With the new Hockey I.Q. it seems that your old PS3 or 360 are going to do a lot of work in the background, and I'm slightly concerned it could be causing lag and/or freezes.

But I gotta say, while still being cautious... it all sounds pretty f-ing awesome!
Kinda OT but speaking of freezes, did they ever explain the freezing with loading GM mode while being connected to EA's server?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like these ideas, but as someone who mainly plays in the EASHL, I'm getting very worried that we still won't be able to set up our team the way we want it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
I like these ideas, but as someone who mainly plays in the EASHL, I'm getting very worried that we still won't be able to set up our team the way we want it...
What would it matter strategy wise if your human teammates don't follow the set strategy? If they do, I don't see why you couldn't, unless you're talking something entirely different.

Last edited by savoie2006; 07-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »