Home

Top Five Reasons NCAA 13 Will Top Madden 13: #4 College Atmosphere

This is a discussion on Top Five Reasons NCAA 13 Will Top Madden 13: #4 College Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Top Five Reasons NCAA 13 Will Top Madden 13: #4 College Atmosphere

Yea, I was not impressed by he crowd noise in the demo either.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

For those that say the crowd noise isn't an issue in this game, like the gentleman on page 1 with the Boston avatar, I think you have never been to a big-time college football game.

The crowd noise in the game needs a lot of work. I felt on the PS2, in the days of the momentum meter, where the stadium would shake and whatnot, that was a step in the right direction, but the crowd on this generaton has been dead. I always max out crowd noise still find myself wishing there was more life in the crowd. There are lot of little nuances from college football games as far as crowd interactions that are missing in the game.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
Rookie

rpelas1's Arena

OVR: 3
Maybe It's different where I'm from but I have more fun at Saints games than LSU. Saints games are equally as rowdy, minus 20k people. The fans are equally as drunk and obnoxious at either stadium. Tailgating is better on the college side, LSU fans go nuts with the food. But I'm a Saints fan so I find it easier to join the insanity and scream and chant and cheer when I'm normally quite introverted. I guess it's all a matter of which team you actually care about more.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm still baffled as to why NCAA and Madden say they've improved crowd noise every single year, when it's actually been the exact same since around 2004. Am I the only one that hears the exact same high-pitched lady yelling every 10 seconds or so, in every Madden and NCAA game for 8 years? It's the same "track"

But at least NCAA got rid of that awful PA announcer that Madden still uses
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKSTcowboys
College atmosphere is everything.... ive never seen a NFL crows rudh the field after a win
Becuase its illegal and and NFL teams would actually press charges if people rushed the field. Colleges dont care as much. But every once in awhile you get that dick of a school that decides to have fans arrested. An example would be the the Missouri vs Oklahoma 2010 game. #11 Missouri defeats #1 Oklahoma. Fans rush the field. Dozens are arrested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1
Wow. This is way off topic right now. But just 5 years ago. #4 Missouri played #2 Kansas. Wth happend to Kansas?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
Rookie

cdh72469's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
forget all these underwhelming team specific intros, give me a stadium shaking crowd

to be honest, there isn't anything they can do to really replicate the feeling of being on campus on game day
Amen to that. Nothing can replicate the band striking up the fight song and marching down the field in pregame or in Auburn's case the flight of the eagle or the anticipation waiting for the team to take the field then the eruption when they do. Nothing like a college football gameday on campus...nothing.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou852
Wow. This is way off topic right now. But just 5 years ago. #4 Missouri played #2 Kansas. Wth happend to Kansas?
It's not so much what happened to Kansas since then as it is what happened to Kansa that year. Outside of that particular year, I don't remember Kansas ever being relevant in football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »