Home

NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

If it's actually true that they have perfect goalies this year as Rammer says, then all the team has to do is make those crazy flying saves much, much rarer. Emphasize good positioning and subtle movements to make saves or just plain let it through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #26
Rookie

JamieLeeWV's Arena

OVR: 0
I want to see differentiation in goalie styles. From the cool calm guys like lundqvist to the abaolutely sprawling scorpion save guys like brodeur i wanna see some epic marty diving pokechecks in nhl 13.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #27
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLeeWV
I want to see differentiation in goalie styles. From the cool calm guys like lundqvist to the abaolutely sprawling scorpion save guys like brodeur i wanna see some epic marty diving pokechecks in nhl 13.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Don`t count on it.

They still hadn`t even fixed the bug in the paddle down animation where the human controlled goalie keeps kicking out a leg continuously.

If they`re showing off the game already,even in it`s alpha state, and this bug that they`ve known about since last Sept,Oct,Nov,Dec,etc still hasn`t been fixed.....what does that tell you?

There is another bug* in the animations too...I wonder if that`s been fixed yet? They`ve known about it for the same amount of time.

*Butterfly stance to paddle down stance,.....my human controlled goalie shouldn`t need to get to his feet to do this.

I`ve yet to be shown where what I`ve posted is wrong.
I`ve been told I`m not being nice,being negative about the alpha build......but I`ve yet to be shown that I`m wrong.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
Don`t count on it.

They still hadn`t even fixed the bug in the paddle down animation where the human controlled goalie keeps kicking out a leg continuously.

If they`re showing off the game already,even in it`s alpha state, and this bug that they`ve known about since last Sept,Oct,Nov,Dec,etc still hasn`t been fixed.....what does that tell you?

There is another bug* in the animations too...I wonder if that`s been fixed yet? They`ve known about it for the same amount of time.

*Butterfly stance to paddle down stance,.....my human controlled goalie shouldn`t need to get to his feet to do this.

I`ve yet to be shown where what I`ve posted is wrong.
I`ve been told I`m not being nice,being negative about the alpha build......but I`ve yet to be shown that I`m wrong.
I'm not sure that anyone on this board has a time machine to go check out the final build and report how human goalies are going to be like in retail and if the standing bugs you mention are indeed fixed.

I can understand your frustration, especially if that's a position you play alot of, you would expect some love in that area.

Hopefully EA fixes them so you can enjoy the game how you'd like to play it.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #29
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I'm not sure that anyone on this board has a time machine to go check out the final build and report how human goalies are going to be like in retail and if the standing bugs you mention are indeed fixed.

I can understand your frustration, especially if that's a position you play alot of, you would expect some love in that area.

Hopefully EA fixes them so you can enjoy the game how you'd like to play it.
The point of bringing up the bugs is that they shouldn`t even have been present in the alpha build.
If anyone had actually fixed them,do you really think they`d be still in at this stage,where they are marketing and showing the game?

It tells me the goalies get the same,if not more neglect than what the AI got for the last 3 yrs.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

From today's new goalie blog:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...alie-deep-dive

Quote:
User Controlled Goalies - Anticipation

This year the right stick is used to anticipate a save, allowing the human controlled goalie to prepare for a shot without committing to the save and moving out of position. If the player guesses right they are that much more likely to make the save. Guessing wrong still leaves the goalie with a chance to make a save, but they’re going to be an instant slower which could be costly.

Once committed to a save human controlled goalies will still have the ability to adjust and correct, using their individual limb control to raise a blocker or kick out a pad to make that amazing save.

The poke-check ability has also been improved for human controlled goalies in NHL 13, making it more accurate and increasing the chance that the player controlled goalie will end up with the puck.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #31
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

^That actually sounds better and more realistic that the old RS save system... if I read it correctly and it works as described, that is.

WX
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #32
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

The cpu goalies look great,except fot the stupid 1950`s upright post hug.

Get rid of it,so the game will actually use the modern ones that are in the game.
Why EA is in love with this ancient stance is beyond me.

For human goalies,....we`re getting hosed.
Less control then NHL12.

The human goalie can`t use the paddle down technique effectively,because we can`t use it inside the crease.The cpu goalie can,....not the human goalies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »