Home

Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park

This is a discussion on Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park

Absolutely love this park in real life, the best second generation new park...but SCEA have sort of lost something in this park that they had nailed in previous games. The turf in San Francisco is a deep, dark green and not patchy. Compare the picture from this year's game in the original post with this shot from 08 The Show:

MLB 08 The Show (2008)

The grass in this picture is just beautiful. The current SCEA configuration honestly doesn't come close to what they had 4 years ago. Maybe it was a framerate issue, but I can't figure out why it was changed.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/

Last edited by JoeRyan33; 04-25-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 20

the grass is something that scea has failed to get correct yet. Parks are all beautiful though.

Last edited by moemoe24; 04-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like the giant glove and coke sign and left field wall cartoons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread ballpark #5, was there a thread for it? Sounds like it was Dodger stadium.

Last edited by bpete07; 04-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #13
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree that most any seat is a good one in AT&T Park. Even though I usually find myself in the cheap seats, you still get a great view of the whole field.

Best memory I have is a game several years ago where I was way up in the upper deck, not too far from the foul pole on the first base side. Bonds hit a pair of them to right. I can still remember on the second one watching him make contact, the long sloping arc, and landing in the bay. Absolutely incredible to see a splash hit in person.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltaeb9091
I agree that most any seat is a good one in AT&T Park. Even though I usually find myself in the cheap seats, you still get a great view of the whole field.

Best memory I have is a game several years ago where I was way up in the upper deck, not too far from the foul pole on the first base side. Bonds hit a pair of them to right. I can still remember on the second one watching him make contact, the long sloping arc, and landing in the bay. Absolutely incredible to see a splash hit in person.
Was that against Cincy? If so, I was at that same game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm born and raised in san francsico. Been going to AT&T for a long time now. I agree with others when they say AT&T is by far one of the best stadiums to be at. I go with both my sons and we usually sit in the lower left field seats or the bleachers.

I have a lot of good memories there, but 2 of my best moments there actually just happened pretty recently.

1st one was me and my oldest were sitting in the 2nd row of section 138 in the bleachers and the melk man was tossing balls to our section. Melky tossed one right over to where me and my son were sitting, everyone stood up except me cuzz i wasn't gonna spill my $10 beer. The ball ends up going over our heads, but i look back to see who's gonna catch it. The ball bounces off hella peoples hands/gloves starts bouncing on the ground towards me. I see it land under this ladies feet that was sitting right behind me. I reach in hella fast and grab it!

I turned around and showed my son, you should've seen his face. lol needless to say he didnt care about the game anymore. That was a GREAT moment right there.

My other one is more of a can't believe i was one game off moment. Me and my oldest went to the game the night before Cain pitched a perfect game. :\ we watched Cain pitch the perfect game on tv and my son was like, daddy we was at the game last nite. lol i'm like i know son, but it's all good we were still super happy Cain pitched a perfect game!

So yeah, i'm biased, but to me AT&T not only is the best stadium in baseball, but we have the best/dedicated fans too!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »