Home

Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate?

This is a discussion on Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate?

Sickening. Disgusting. Stomach churning.

The Freeh report on Penn State was released today and revealed a concerted effort not to reveal but to enable child molestation in the Penn State football program. The question now becomes: is getting free tattoos or enabling child rape a more dangerous threat to the NCAA and all it stands for? The NCAA, for it's part, has announced an investigation into Penn State's football program.

So what do you all think? What should be the Penn State football program's fate?

Sound off!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate?

Total decimation. 1 year, at least, of no football. Decade long probation period.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Absolutely horrible. Let's not forget to respect and pray for the victims and their families. Anything that the NCAA does to Penn State will not be enough to help those families out. I hope the penalty is harsh and unforgiving.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
They may want to think about removing Paterno's statue -- and then they deserve a NCAA death penalty in football. Get rid of the program for 5-10 years...

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 07-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Absolutely horrible. Let's not forget to respect and pray for the victims and their families. Anything that the NCAA does to Penn State will not be enough to help those families out. I hope the penalty is harsh and unforgiving.
Well said. I do pray for any victim of child rape. I'm a pretty tough close to 40yr old man, but some of these details make me tear up. I cant imagine the torture and destruction these young men are going through today. That said, minimum 1 year suspension of football. 5 years football probation. And all incoming freshman have to do community service in Happy Valley for organizations that provide youth services. PSU will make a sizable donation to legitimate at risk youth programs also. I know it wont happen, but it should.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Rookie

erod328's Arena

OVR: 2
The people who helped cover it up are going to prison. As a head coach, you're responsible for your staff and players. The staff violated the law of the land, and was allowed to do so under the head coach, who himself violated the law of the land. If this came to light back in '98, one coach would have been gone. If it would've came to light in '01, two coaches would have been gone, including the head coach. You could venture to say that the football team benefited from '01 to '11 by having their head coach present to lead the team.

As for the football team and possible sanctions; let the young athletes transfer out without sitting a year, and shut down the program for a calender year.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't think the NCAA should do anything, it's not really within their boundaries to act on something like this. However, I do think that the people who conspired in these events who are not already dead; (Paterno), or going to prison, (Sandusky); should be brought to trial for their roles in these events, and that this should go all the way down the chain.

At the same time the victims and their families should begin filing civil suits against these persons involved, the Paterno family and PSU as a whole. Knowing how NCAA investigations are always controversial, clumsy and full of blunders; I just honestly believe they would be more of a hindrance than a help.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes
I don't think the NCAA should do anything, it's not really within their boundaries to act on something like this. However, I do think that the people who conspired in these events who are not already dead; (Paterno), or going to prison, (Sandusky); should be brought to trial for their roles in these events, and that this should go all the way down the chain.

At the same time the victims and their families should begin filing civil suits against these persons involved, the Paterno family and PSU as a whole. Knowing how NCAA investigations are always controversial, clumsy and full of blunders; I just honestly believe they would be more of a hindrance than a help.
Luckily for the NCAA, all of the investigating has already been done. They just have to go interview the same people.

Watch me play video games
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »