Home

EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
So what does this mean for Fight Night? FN has its own problems, now the team lose with time with FN to possibly make another subpar game?

Are they still going to alternate years between Boxing and MMA?

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-18-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
Rookie

Vinzanity's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon5 Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

I don't know. I think I'm going neutral. Not excited anymore.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This disappoints on so many levels. They already had a MMA team, why not let the people who made EA MMA make the UFC game ? Considering they already have experience with making the player models interact with each other in an MMA environment. Already had spectator mode code written already.

This is basically starting all over from scratch.
I can probably add some insight to this.

Down at Tiburon, once MMA basically got the boot due to Strikeforce signing with the UFC, Most of the MMA team got moved onto different projects. Jason Barnes - creative director for MMA was moved to NBA Live. I've actually talked to Jason about MMA and he loved that series but he and a lot of that team is on NBA Live now and they're very busy with that. I don't think anyone anticipated the signing of UFC or that THQ would sell it. Unfortunately I don't think Tiburon has the resources, and taking Barnes and his team off of NBA wouldn't be fair or a good move considering they just got started with that series.

With that said, EA Canada has a ton of resources at their disposal and I'm sure they're going to connect with Tiburon about the last MMA game and share tech. I have full confidence that the Fight Night guys will pull this off. There is a ton of risk signing a company as big as UFC and they have to and want to come correct on this. I'm sure both studios will talk and possibly share engine tech.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
Was EA MMA better then Thq's UFC Unleased 1-3? Becasue i never played EA MMA, so i was just wondering.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I can probably add some insight to this.

Down at Tiburon, once MMA basically got the boot due to Strikeforce signing with the UFC, Most of the MMA team got moved onto different projects. Jason Barnes - creative director for MMA was moved to NBA Live. I've actually talked to Jason about MMA and he loved that series but he and a lot of that team is on NBA Live now and they're very busy with that. I don't think anyone anticipated the signing of UFC or that THQ would sell it. Unfortunately I don't think Tiburon has the resources, and taking Barnes and his team off of NBA wouldn't be fair or a good move considering they just got started with that series.

With that said, EA Canada has a ton of resources at their disposal and I'm sure they're going to connect with Tiburon about the last MMA game and share tech. I have full confidence that the Fight Night guys will pull this off. There is a ton of risk signing a company as big as UFC and they have to and want to come correct on this. I'm sure both studios will talk and possibly share engine tech.
You are telling a different story from what the Fight Night producers told me a year ago as far as resources go. They said EA Tiburon has a huge facility and large staffs for the games there.
They always told me the Fight Night staff was very small and that's why much of the things the community asked for wasn't added. I have communicated with the producers a lot since Fight Night Round 3.

I truly hate that they are working on the UFC game. This means if and this is a really big If they make another Fight Night the excuses will come by the truck loads! I used to really have faith in the producers but not anymore. They even talk to me through email anymore because of my honesty.

I refuse to accept anything as gold if it's value is copper. I'm glad EA flew to Canada for Fight Night Round 4 and gave me a Senior Moderator job before but I just can't endorse what I don't like so a company will maybe consider me on a trip or free game. I'm a grown man with his own money....sorry for the rant.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 07-18-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
Was EA MMA better then Thq's UFC Unleased 1-3? Becasue i never played EA MMA, so i was just wondering.
No! EA MMA had the great features and the online was better.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
I'd say it was better than UFC 2 (2010)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I'd say it was better than UFC 2 (2010)
Completely agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »