Home

EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
You are telling a different story from what the Fight Night producers told me a year ago as far as resources go. They said EA Tiburon has a huge facility and large staffs for the games there.
They always told me the Fight Night staff was very small and that's why much of the things the community asked for wasn't added. I have communicated with the producers a lot since Fight Night Round 3.

I truly hate that they are working on the UFC game. This means if and this is a really big If they make another Fight Night the excuses will come by the truck loads! I used to really have faith in the producers but not anymore. They even talk to me through email anymore because of my honesty.

I refuse to accept anything as gold if it's value is copper. I'm glad EA flew to Canada for Fight Night Round 4 and gave me a Senior Moderator job before but I just can't endorse what I don't like so a company will maybe consider me on a trip or free game. I'm a grown man with his own money....sorry for the rant.
Sorry, I was a bit mis-understood. Yes Tiburon is a beautiful studio with big teams but I just meant the guys who were on MMA have been moved to other titles thus making those guys (resources as employees) unavailable. I didn't mean to say they don't have the resources as a studio. I just think that Barnes love the NBA and those guys are focused hard on NBA Live.

As for MMA, I felt like it was a really under-appreciated game. I still play it some to this day. The submission system was great and so was online when it was up. As a new IP it really had a solid foundation. I always thought if they had the UFC license and another crack at it to fix up issues from game 1 they would have had a huge hit. Again, I'm sure EA Canada isn't going to ignore the great work Barnes and his crew accomplished at Tiburon. I think it is premature to say they won't share tech or resources.

I'm pretty pumped. As a guy who trains MMA and has had time with real UFC fighters, this is a pretty important title for me. I'm hoping they focus hard on it and give us a fighting game we can all be proud of.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #18
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

The EA Sports UFC dev team is taking in feedback on what fans want to see in the game on their facebook & twitter page. @EASPORTSUFC www.facebook.com/easportsufc
Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
The EA Sports UFC dev team is taking in feedback on what fans want to see in the game on their facebook & twitter page. @EASPORTSUFC www.facebook.com/easportsufc
Biggest waste of time there is, they act like want feedback but already have what they want to do in place. I have been there done that with these producers. Read my blogs with the wishlists they asked me for.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #20
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

This ruins the whole ordeal. I hope they wow us though.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 33
It would appear that the FIght Night series is on an indefinite hiatus on the back of this news. A shame as I would rather have a boxing game than a UFC game. That said EA never got close to realising the potential of Fight Night & I'll be suprised if their UFC game will be much different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #22
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Completely agree with you Dazraz.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 12
I'm sure this will make the online people happy as it seems, usually, EA has more stable servers. The online with Undisputed was bad, at best. But my concern is how they handle the single player/career/campaign mode. I hope it gets good attention in a way that will be rewarding. It doesn't have to be a story mode like Fight Night Champion, although that would make for an interesting option. I hope they add depth to it and that they can closer mimmick the career. UFC 3 was a lot closer than UFC 2010 (I feel 2010 was the worst in the series and I do believe I'm not the only one with that thinking) but there were still some things lacking in UFC 3 such as the hyping of fights, post fight interviews (I did like this in 2010) and even the way training was handled. I like the training exercises, but felt they were limited. I know their plan with that was to get you into the next fight quicker, but it seemed a tad too rushed. But I have faith in EA and how they will handle the brand and hopefully bring it to a bigger audience through their name alone. Am I expecting this to be the be all, end all game in MMA? Absolutely not, but I do hope and to an extent, expect something new and "better" so to speak, than previous UFC games. Blending the Undisputed and EA MMA games to find a happy medium will make me a happy fan. Best of luck!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm confused, didn't they announce years ago that Fight Night and MMA would alternate. Did that mean back then that they were planning to only have the one team work on both? Or is the break up a newer thing? Either way I can only imagine some THQ guys will make their way over to EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »