Home

NHL 13 Video - Gameplay, New Broadcast View Included

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Gameplay, New Broadcast View Included within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Exclusive First Gameplay Reveal - NHL 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Who really cares about that stuff. Hell I would rather them dummy down the presentation attempts. I am wanting to play a solid hockey game, I would be absolutely thrilled if they didn't take another second to improve the faces of the players and focused all of their energy on game modes and game play.

Especially presentation mentioned. The licenses sucks mostly cause they just cut a huge cost and theres no way we will see any of that, they kinda just said sucks to be you, but really the rest of the stuff isn't even "presentation" The presentation that needs to be better is the commentary

The only time you see the players face is when your going through the long cut scenes that people want to skip anyway. I know around here I am in the minority in terms of online play.

In the end it comes down to I'd (and I assume most people) would rather the player play like his real self than look like him and I think EA is finally getting the message. That looked great.

- The Quick save was fantastic. Loved the blocker sprawling save. Some of them seemed a little over the top but the goalie improvements look great. They were trying to show us something new like the save on the butt, even though its already in the game and just like last year the goalie seems to make it at weird times.

- The skating backwards has me a little worried. Being a BAP/EASHL guy its stupid as hell a guy can back skate end to end with perfect balance/puck control

- Speed looks great but it is starting to look like your going to be able to skate right around computer D

- Love the chop poke! Fantastic addition

- The neutral zone set ups look awesome, but until as long as the puck control is ramped up to completely unrealistic levels it is going to be easy to enter the zone, but regardless the improvements look fantastic should be fun.
Why can't we have both, great gameplay and upgrades in prensentation. They have guys who work in different departments of the game so I don't see how upgrading presentation would effect the gameplay or vice versa.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 13 Video - Gameplay, New Broadcast View Included

I wonder if passing is on manual in these vids. If it is, it looks like they upped the user pass default pass speed.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Things I noticed immediately:
-New team intros (maybe)

-New goal celebrations via dynamic cameras. It even looks like you can interact with teammates during celebrations, or atleast they celebrate with you this time instead of the generic "skate down the bench, fist pump teammates" animation.

-Less aggressive AI during powerplays (finally)

-More creativity via new skating engine

-Goalies are more dynamic, and are indeed affected by things like momentum and physics

-Realistic broadcast camera, which may even be customizable this year; I noticed two different broadcast camera views near the end of the video

I'm excited already ^^
I bet not, those are two different cameras, the tradional side cam view and the new broadcast cam, there won't be any customization for fear of frame rate loss.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Who really cares about that stuff. Hell I would rather them dummy down the presentation attempts. I am wanting to play a solid hockey game, I would be absolutely thrilled if they didn't take another second to improve the faces of the players and focused all of their energy on game modes and game play.

Especially presentation mentioned. The licenses sucks mostly cause they just cut a huge cost and theres no way we will see any of that, they kinda just said sucks to be you, but really the rest of the stuff isn't even "presentation" The presentation that needs to be better is the commentary

The only time you see the players face is when your going through the long cut scenes that people want to skip anyway. I know around here I am in the minority in terms of online play.

In the end it comes down to I'd (and I assume most people) would rather the player play like his real self than look like him and I think EA is finally getting the message. That looked great.

- The Quick save was fantastic. Loved the blocker sprawling save. Some of them seemed a little over the top but the goalie improvements look great. They were trying to show us something new like the save on the butt, even though its already in the game and just like last year the goalie seems to make it at weird times.

- The skating backwards has me a little worried. Being a BAP/EASHL guy its stupid as hell a guy can back skate end to end with perfect balance/puck control

- Speed looks great but it is starting to look like your going to be able to skate right around computer D

- Love the chop poke! Fantastic addition

- The neutral zone set ups look awesome, but until as long as the puck control is ramped up to completely unrealistic levels it is going to be easy to enter the zone, but regardless the improvements look fantastic should be fun.
i care a hell lot abt presentation in sports games!

bad presentation means no fun!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #21
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

OVR: 2

The only thing I think that might end up being a problem is that backwards skating. I think a lot of people are going to take advantage of the AI with that, and it'll make for a lot of easy opportunities.

Hopefully not, but just from that video, thats my prediction. Other than that I like what I see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Looked very good. Maybe most of the arena names and what not on final product that was just gameplay footage.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like there are some improvements. I'll get it no matter what because I love hockey. Hopefully the improvements are noticeable and make for a better game. The skating does look good though.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

Finally the true broadcast cam has arrived, I guess they do listen....eventually

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »