Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #49
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

I am really hoping it works well. My 4 buddies and I, all in our 30's, married, kids, job(S) etc. We played a TON of 2k10 Team Up where we'd do 5 vs CPU with custom sliders using a made up schedule etc. So much fun.

If we could do it within a Dynasty, with trades, etc, that would be insane. This mode alone, with the ability to play with multiple guys on one team is what has sold me. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Don't say that too loud in front of some Madden folks. God forbid they can't control every team and run the entire league. Point it out how it pretty much defeats the purpose of gm mode and they skin you alive.
It doesn't defeat the purpose of GM Mode at all. Ever since 2k8, a few friends and I have played franchise mode where we each control our favorite team with full drafting, trading, etc. I am getting sick of 2k10 but have to stick with it due to EA's refusal to implement multiplayer franchise mode in their game. It is extremely frustrating because they could obviously do it, they just don't care and they want to force everyone to play online so they can screw you with online passes, HUT cards and boost packs and a bunch of other crap I don't care about. My hopes on this are very low since it sounds like Madden used to have this and they are removing it in Madden 13. Maybe I'll give Madden 12 a try.

Last edited by NHLandPESFan; 07-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #51
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Lot of people like to make their season as close to the real NHL as possible and make moves within their Franchises as they are made in the NHL. Something you can't do if you can't control all teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think they need to make nhl 13 gm connected like be a pro mode. I think you should have to have a option to pick whatever nhl team you want or start in the CHL as a gm and work your way up. I think that could be the next step for gm connected. I also think it should be online as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Possible stupid question time...

Is GM Connected just the new Be A GM mode with online capabilities? In other words, if I'm just wanting to do a standard franchise mode, controlling the Blackhawks will I start a "GM Connected" mode or will it still be called Be A GM?

Also, what's that I read about the draft? We can't draft our players? What the?
Thats just for online, same goes for no fantasy draft. At first I was really bummed, but when you think about it, it makes sense. Trying to do a draft with 30 other users would take a stupid long time.

Online Be a GM is basically offline Be a GM, but with a few less options to make it work with multiple users.

I've liked what I've heard so far. If I could only add one thing, it would be the ability to choose shortened seasons...like 41 games. It takes so long just to get through one year and into the playoffs. Why can't we have an option to cut the season in half?

Last edited by captaincan; 07-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLandPESFan
It doesn't defeat the purpose of GM Mode at all. Ever since 2k8, a few friends and I have played franchise mode where we each control our favorite team with full drafting, trading, etc. I am getting sick of 2k10 but have to stick with it due to EA's refusal to implement multiplayer franchise mode in their game. It is extremely frustrating because they could obviously do it, they just don't care and they want to force everyone to play online so they can screw you with online passes, HUT cards and boost packs and a bunch of other crap I don't care about. My hopes on this are very low since it sounds like Madden used to have this and they are removing it in Madden 13. Maybe I'll give Madden 12 a try.
We're talking about two totally different things. Multiplayer franchise with friends, which I believe both Madden and NHL have via online but not via a single console. And a single user controlling every franchise in the league in one gm/franchise, it's the latter that to me makes no sense in the scheme of playing a franchise mode and leading one team vs the cpu offline.

For if a user can control every team in a single player GM mode, what's to stop them from making terrible trades on purpose, or causing teams to lose on purpose? etc etc.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #55
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
We're talking about two totally different things. Multiplayer franchise with friends, which I believe both Madden and NHL have via online but not via a single console. And a single user controlling every franchise in the league in one gm/franchise, it's the latter that to me makes no sense in the scheme of playing a franchise mode and leading one team vs the cpu offline.

For if a user can control every team in a single player GM mode, what's to stop them from making terrible trades on purpose, or causing teams to lose on purpose? etc etc.
True, I agree. But I in 2k10, I run 2 franchises:

1. I control 1 team and whatever happens in the league happens in the league.

2. Control all teams, injuries off, and keep it day to day with the current NHL, sort of a poor man's NHL Today if you will. I go to each team, take out the injuries, make trades and callups, etc. Without controlling every team, that option wouldn't be available.

I can see both sides of the coin. I am more of an option 1 guy, but option 2 ain't bad either.

Honor system, I never reset after losing, even if in playoffs, stanley cup. It is what it is!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
True, I agree. But I in 2k10, I run 2 franchises:

1. I control 1 team and whatever happens in the league happens in the league.

2. Control all teams, injuries off, and keep it day to day with the current NHL, sort of a poor man's NHL Today if you will. I go to each team, take out the injuries, make trades and callups, etc. Without controlling every team, that option wouldn't be available.

I can see both sides of the coin. I am more of an option 1 guy, but option 2 ain't bad either.

Honor system, I never reset after losing, even if in playoffs, stanley cup. It is what it is!
I can understand that, if you're going on the honor system, I'm certainly never against more options for the user, I do however see why it's limited in the same sense though. Thanks for the reply, I can understand why a person who is that dedicated to mimicking real life 100% would want that option now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »